Cannot install Roon on my iMac

Roon Core Machine

iMac, macOS Monterey v. 12.0.1, 8GB 2133 MHz DDR4.
Skjermbilde 2022-01-02 kl. 18.08.24

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Connected Audio Devices

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

I downloaded Roon from the downloads page for MacOS. It worked for a while and suddenly closed.

After several attempts I downloaded it again, but the problem is the same. When I open Roon (by double clicking, or right click and open from applications) the program starts and then closes. I have tried the method described under “Installing Roon/ Installation Errors on macOS”. The same problem as before.

Same behaviour with me, no idea how to fix

Hi, I clicked the Roon menu bar during the app opening process, and by that it runs as it should and has done since. Don’t ask me why!

Thanks für input - unfortunately nothing I tried this way could help. Can it be that thre current version of Monterey (v1.12) declare ROON version 884 as malware? Might be of interest: During the max. 0.5 seconds lasting opening process I can verify that the connection to Roon Server works because Roon app shows every time the picture of the running song (left corner downside). Strange…

I have Monterey v 12.0.1 on my iMac

Hey @Harald_Henning_Kofoe,

It’s been a while since you first posted this — we’re sorry about the delay.

If this is still an issue, would you be able to share with us a short recording of the behavior?

Also, right after attempting to install Roon, could you please grab a set of logs, zip up the entire folder and upload it in our drive?

Hey Rebeka,
see my comments earlier in this thread. My problem is solved, and now everything works fine.

Cheers

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.