Cannot link Qobuz account

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Core: PC running Windows 10. Roon 1.7 build 571

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Billion bipac 8800nl Router with BT Whole Home mesh Wi-Fi.

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Sonos Play 5 and Play 1 end points

Description Of Issue

Unable to add newly created Qobuz account to services. Have attempted to add on Roon desktop app and iOS app. Receive ‘bad username or password’ message. Have restarted Roon and rebooted PC/core with same result.

Have you checked you can sign into Qobuz web app with the credentials?

Hi

Yes, signed in successfully in web app and linked Sonos account with the same details.

Hi @Patrick_Noakes,

Just to confirm, do you have a subscription for your Qobuz account? Are you able to play more than just 30 second clips on the Qobuz app?

Hi @dylan, to confirm I have an active Studio Premier account (in free trial month) and can play full songs through the web and iOS apps.

Since 2 days connection with qobuz through Roon is almost impossible.

I have the same sometimes it goes wrong…it
Listen everyday… Stops after a few hours listen.
Never problem before this… It plays 24 hours.
Have install new… Search and search, with tidal the same.
We go make a reboot and see how long it goes good today :notes:
I have master Subscription on qobuz audio a year… and hifi on tidal.
We go see how long it goes good today :violin:

Hello @Patrick_Noakes, thanks for checking that for us! In just a moment, I’m going to send you a PM with additional steps, please take a look!

Thanks @nuwriy. Standing by.

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

I, too, cannot link my Qobuz account to Roon. I have a regular (not trial) account with Qobuz. I just signed up again with Roon (Trial account). I can log in to Quobuz with no problem.

Please assist. Thank you!

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

TEXT GOES HERE

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

TEXT GOES HERE

Description Of Issue

TEXT GOES HERE

There were two actions that solved it for me.

First I changed the Qobuz password by going through the password reset approach rather than just editing the password in the profile page of the Qobuz site. I have a suspicion that the password i was trying to use contained characters that were not acceptable (*) for instance. These were rejected when completing the reset, but not when changing the password within the Qobuz profile.

Whether this was an issue with the Roon api not liking the characters I’m not sure, as I could log into the Qobuz site OK with the previous password. I ended up changing it to a password with just numbers and letters.

After doing that I then found that although Roon asks for your Qobuz username, it was actually the email address it needed.

Email and simpler password were then accepted by Roon and the link worked.

Hope that helps.

Thanks for the reply Patrick. I had already reset the password and tried with the email address but I believe I was using a special character. I’ll try it again as soon as I get a chance.

Thanks,
Charles Cannon

I had the same issue - started new trial with Roon and also with Qobuz. Could not link the new Qobuz account to Roon. I’m using a password manager. Had to do a password reset at Qobuz, only letters and numbers in the new password. Then moved over to Roon and successfully linked the account. Also, in Roon, use your email address, not your Qobuz username.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.