Remotes (Win10 and Android tab & phone) on wifi

Connected Audio Devices

Musical Fidelity M6i Dac (spdf)
+++

Number of Tracks in Library

30.000 albums

Description of Issue

I’m stuck;
All was working normally. After a few days without music - during which I did update both the linux core and my remotes - I can no longer log in to Roon. Not to the core and not to my account. I have rebooted everything, reinstalled the core, changed to several open DNS servers - both on the router and the core. Nothing helped so now all ip/dns settings are back to what used to work.

When i set my android phone to share net connection and use that as modem, I DO get to log in from my Win10 laptop with the same details as I unseccessfully try through my ordinary ISP. My ISP operates on the 212.237.xxx.xxx range. Off cause . the core is now on a different LAN so I can not access my music within the Roon sw.

Any idea on where I should go from here? All respons is warm welcome!

Sincerely /Per A

So where do I go from here?

What do you mean by this?

https://roonlabs.com/howroonworks

To log in to the web account I need to activate internet-sharing from my telephone and connect from my laptop. At that time I’m not any more on the same lan as the core and thus cannot access the Roon software / server / core.

Thanks, I’ve used Roon for several years. But I’m thankful if you can come up with a meaningful tip.

I’m guessing the problem is your ISP. Do you have a Roon core loaded on your laptop? If you do, you could use your cell phone hotspot and see if you can run Roon core on your laptop using the hotspot. I do that when away from home.

You could also plug your Roon core directly into your router ethernet to see if the problem is your mesh system.

Thanks again, that was two great hints. I¨ll try that when I get home again tomorrow. :smiley:

/Per A

nothing working through my ISP. everything work through the mobile hotspot. I need to reach out to my ISP. Thanks folks. :smiley:

1 Like

Hey @Per_Arne_Moshovd,

Ben here with the support team, I wanted to check in on this thread and see if you’re still running into issues accessing your roon account from your ISP?

After looking into your account, I do see you were able to connect yesterday. For us to better understand what might be happening, please use the directions found here and send over a set of logs to our File Uploader?

We’ll be monitoring this thread for your reply :+1:

1 Like

Hey @Per_Arne_Moshovd

Please update your password to your account, and you should be all set to go!

The issue was that our systems blocked your IP addresses due to unusual traffic in the past. To ensure your account hasn’t been compromised, a password update is necessary :+1:

Let me know if you still run into issues after doing this.

1 Like

Thx Ben. All is well now and I can retain normal living. Thanks to you and the great people at support.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.