Cannot log into Roon 1.8 on macOS app or on iOS devices

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Roon Optimized Core Kit (1866DA1D1DBA)
Firmware 1.0 (Build 227) stable/ 10.0.1.17, Version 1.8 (build 753) stable

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Ethernet connection to Apple Airport Time Capsule

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

USB Connection to McIntosh C2700 Preamplifier

Description Of Issue

I logged out of the software and It will not let me log back in. I have verified my password, which works on the Roonlabs.com website, but it just hangs on both the Apple macOS app as well as the iOS app on my phone and iPad. When I open the app on my iMac, it sees and identifies the Roon Core. I select Connect, insert my email address and password. After waiting for a minute or so it returns a message: “Network error: Please check your internet connection.” My network is working fine and I have no other issues. I have no way to even use my system right now. I have been trying to log back in all day. Please help.

1 Like

I had access for a very short time period after I restored my first backup of version 1.8. I am once again coming to the login screen and cannot log in with my user name and password.

I pointed ROON to my iMac to temporarily set it up as my ROON core. While this is not a permanent solution, I seem to be able to log in fine and my macOS app as well as iOS apps seem to work fine on the iMac. Login to main core running ROCK is more specifically the problem. Not sure where to go from here.

Exactly the same problem here. Roon core unusable from my iOS device.

1 Like

When using the iMac, Roon requires the app to be open in order for the iOS devices to see it and play music to my Mcintosh preamplifier. It also requires me to be connected to my home network via the wireless and not ethernet. If I switch the iMac to run across ethernet, the iOS devices no longer functions. I can play music through Roon directly from the iMac in my office, however, when connected via ethernet. This however is only a temporary workaround.

I finally got logged into the ROON server yesterday. I took down my Apple router and rebooted it and messed around with the network settings. I don’t know if at some point I renewed the DHCP lease or it just got reassigned a different IP address, but after a new IP address was assigned, it seemed to work. It has stayed up the rest of the weekend. Not sure if my core powers off or reboots whether it will come back up or if I will back in the same place again. I still have no idea why I was getting a network but at least I am enjoying my setup once again.

Bit more detail here and a resolution: opening Roon on on an IOS device resulted in prompt to log on before connecting to the core. The credentials were not accepted, complaining that the device was not connected to the internet. However using Roon on a Windows machine allowed the log on to be successful and the core to be connected to. Once this initial connection was done the the IOS devices could then see the core.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.