Cannot log on to Roon account

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
iMac.

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
USB into a Moon 390 .

Description Of Issue
Have a new iMac and cannot log on to my Roon account that I have a lifetime subscription to. Here is the email from the Apple adviser I was working with last night to try and fix the problem :

This is absolutely the problem.

As detailed many times in this forum and in the Roon KB, one can’t successfully restore Roon’s library from a Time Machine backup.

So what can I do ?

Hi @Kent_Adamson,

Do you have any backups that are not part of the time machine backup you had in place? As in backups made through Roon’s Backup Manager?

My suggestion would be to reinstall Roon fresh using the below instructions:

• Exit out of Roon
  • Navigate to your Roon’s Database Location
  • Find the folder that says “Roon”
  • Rename the “Roon” folder to “Roon_old”
  • Reinstall the Roon App from our Downloads Page to generate a new Roon folder
  • Restore a proper backup (Non-Time Machine) or set up the database as a new one and re-import all content

As an addendum, if you don’t have any non-Time Machine backups but you do have access to your old Mac, then assuming the Roon library is still intact there, you can bring the Roon Core up there and do a Roon Backup to a storage location that is shared between both machines.

Then bring the Core up on your new machine and do a Roon Restore.

1 Like

It’s asking me to :
Add my Music
Add Folder
Disable

My old computor’s Hard drive crashed so everything from it is on a lacie backup. That’s what Time Machine restored from. Is there another wat to re install from the Lacie without using Time Machine ?

As long as you’re using a Time Machine backup to try and restore Roon’s library, it isn’t going to work.

Sorry, bummer.

Hi @Kent_Adamson,

Rebekah flagged me down, are you still having issues with this?

You will need to use this thread to respond to my messages, email replies are not enabled for the forum. Here is a direct link to the thread:

If you have started with the fresh database using the above steps and you are still seeing this issue, can you please use these instructions to send me a set of your Roon logs?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.