Mac ventura 13.0.1 iMac 2020 Radeon Pro 5500 16g memory

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Orbi 41

Connected Audio Devices

Aries G1

Number of Tracks in Library

Small

Description of Issue

After this mornings upgrade my Roon is bricked and will not open. I cannot access the library to find the bis fix

There was an issue with the 1167 update. if you are able to follow the below link it’ll help you get back up and running.

the hotfix update will be waiting for you once you have got rid of the bits file.

RoonServer/Roon failing to start after updating to build 1167 (roonlabs.com)

@support

Thank you for your response. I cannot find Roon or Roon server in the library to delete the bits file.

Roon Core running on macOS

1. Close out of RoonServer
  2. Locate your Roon Database
  • Open Finder and click Go in the top bar
  • Hold down the Option key (or Alt)(⌥) to unhide the Library folder
  • Click the Library folder
  • Find and open the RoonServer or Roon folder, depending on which you are using on your Mac. This is your Roon Database.

Screenshot 2022-11-30 at 11.53.22 AM100%75%50%
3. In the Database folder, locate the following folder: Registry/Core
4. Delete the file called bits
Screenshot 2022-11-30 at 11.55.31 AM100%75%

50%
5. Start RoonServer again

Again Lewis, thanks for caring and following up. I have followed these directions and there is no folder for Roon server I’m my Library. Just not here.

Very odd.

I tagged support on my first post. They should be with shortly. There might be a short delay though.

Is it possible Roon has been removed from you Mac?

If you click GO at the top and hold down command, you don’t see library appear?

Thanks,
Wes

Yes, early on I deled Roon and downloaded again from the Roon website. This of course got me nowhere.

When I open finder I do not see the GO command at the top. I found the libraries on the HD.

@Wes
if @finin.mcfadden2011 has already deleted the original updated 1167, is it worth him deleting the 2nd download and reinstalling from the latest release (I guess that’d be 1169 from the Roon website)/

and Wes. Does it make sense for me to delete Roon and Roon remote and start again from the website. This is very frustrating :frowning:

Are you still there?

Give Roon time. They will be a little busy.

I uninstalled and reinstalled before the hotfix.

Thank you Lewis. It has been a half hour for Wes. I’m out. I will delete and try one last time, Otherwise I will check in tomorrow morning. It has been since the bad old Windows days that an update bricked an entire application. Sigh.

I do feel your frustration. I agree it is a pain when things go pear-shaped. Software can easily be said to be the most frustrating of them all.

Well, finally good news. After the delete and reboot, the new version on the website works! For us amateurs, this should be the recommended solution as apposed to editing the registry! Take care.

1 Like

Hi Wes. You can close this request. A delete and reboot followed by downloading the version on the website works. Thanks.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.