Cannot press Play Now on playlists

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
Ubuntu 20.04 LTS
Roon Version 1.7 build 555

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
Asus RT-AC3200

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
iPhone 7 & 5s - Version 1.7.0037 - WiFi
Laptop - Roon Version 1.7 build 555 - WiFi
Cambridge Audio 851N - Firmware: 1.10+0.5+8e - WiFi

Description Of Issue
When inside a playlist, the Play Now on the top is greyed out. I have playlists that sync from my Tidal playlists and playlists created from within Roon.

To troubleshoot, I added a track from my local library to a playlist which I had previously created within Roon (unsure if related, but this playlist only had tracks from Tidal). The Play Now button started working again. I then removed the track I added (back to only Tidal tracks) and the Play Now button continued to work but only with this playlist.

I can’t pin point when this problem started happening. But since the last time I think I used the Play Now button I have upgraded Ubuntu from 18.04 and updated Roon at least 3 times (536, 537, and 555). Rebooting the Core does not fix it.

It seems like I’ll have to reset each playlist to get the button working again.

Actually no, I used Play Now -> Shuffle on a playlist a few days ago on my iPhone 5s. Repeating it today on that playlist doesn’t work. Play Now is greyed out.

That means the only changes would be that I let Ubuntu install some patches today and rebooted. Roon Core also updated to build 555.

The Play Now button is working again. Seems to have fixed itself. No changes but the Core did do a scheduled reboot at 5am this morning. But like I said before, rebooting didn’t fix it before.

Hello @Josh_B, thanks for your report and I’m glad things are working again. If this issue comes up again please let me know by replying to this thread with a timestamp (your local time) of when it happens. I can enable diagnostics and see what the logs say is happening.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.