Cannot remove iTunes playlists

I have Roon V1.5 Build 334 running on a Synology DS718+ NAS, with 12TB disks. The Roonserver is running from a USB flash drive and the music is all stored on the NAS; approx. 20,000 tracks of mixed qualities (128kbps mp3 upto DSD128). The system is working very well, and can stream to multiple end-points using RAAT with up-sampling to DSD.

The issue I have is that I have an iTunes database on the Synology NAS and some playlists from there were automatically imported (when the system first ran). I know I cannot edit the playlists raw, but can make local copies and edit those.
I want to delete the original iTunes playlists from Roon, but there doesn’t appear to be an easy way to do this. The suggestion is that I delete them from iTunes; I did this but the playlists still appear in Roon.

Any guidance on how to remove the iTunes playlists so I can keep the local copies only, would be appreciated.

@support

Hi @Malcolm_Lomer ---- Thank you for the report!

If you click “edit” next to the watch folder that contains the mentioned iTunes playlists and set “import iTunes playlists” to the “no” position, does this action yield a change in behavior?

49%20AM

-Eric

1 Like

Eric. Your suggestion works! The itunes playlists all vanish when this is set to “no”.

Thanks

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.