Cannot Restore Roon Backup on Linux

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
core i7
linux20
8th gener
16gb ram
ssd 256gb
roonserver
external usb 3.0 x 6 tb library

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
switch ethernet tpling 5 ports

Audio Devices
allo usbridge sign, with dietpi and allo GUI

Description Of Issue
I had to reinstall Roon from a failure on my linux 20 and I cant get use of the Roon backup stored on an external flash 16GB drive.

The files seems to be there but the program fails whwn tryng to restore from that source.

I had changed accidentally the order of the external disc but I think is not important because I have done a full reinstallation of linux 20 and roonserver.

Roon Backup and Restore is unreliable -

Good luck. Hope you haven’t done a lot of curating.

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
Core i7, Msi motherboard pro carbon Intel
SSD 256 GB
16 GB RAM
Local library on 3 USB 3.0 external USB drives
Linuxmint20 and Roon Server

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
Ethernet switch to link 5 outputs

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
Allo USBridge Sig with Dietpi and Allo GUI

Description Of Issue
After several reboot I can see that the external drives are not detected by Roon, but I can see them in the screen connected to the server.
Every time I reboot the server the discs are unavailable. After several reboots the drives are seen by Roon and import / add folder sequence must be started again.

Please any help?
It is recommended to reinstall Roon Server or something is wrong?

Hi @wilfredo_sanchez,

I’ve merged your two posts, were you able to restore the backup properly?

Are these the USB drives you are referring to?

What is the model and file format of the drives?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.