LoadLibrary failed with error 87: The parameter is incorrect.
RoonServer is installed on a Dell XPS i7 system with 16GB of RAM. Until this evening things have been just fine. I did notice some playback issues earlier with both Tidal and Qobuz taking forever to load a track - if ever. I had seen some timeouts earlier as well.
I can only see the error above through an Remote Desktop connection to the server box. On my main machine the app loads and quits immediately.
update … just noticed there was an update (windows) pending on that machine, so it’s installing and rebooting. Doubt that will fix it but going to give it a few …
update 2 – Roon is working on my main desktop, but that error persists if I try to run it again on the XPS server machine … I’ve got music playing again which is good, but unclear what’s causing the problem.
@Jonathan_Greene What OS version are you using on the XPS system?
Flagging @support for you here too.
Just to make sure that I understand you correctly here, the XPS is the Core and you are also using another Roon Remote. The XPS had some playback issues but is mostly working ok but the Roon Remote is crashing? Can you try rebooting both your Core and Roon Remote to see if this helps?
Yes XPS is my server. I run an Alienware desktop …
Rebooted after the windows pending update and I can play fine within the house at all my endpoints. That error is still happening if I try to open Roon Remote / Player on the XPS, which I frankly never do but tried when the problem first started.
Apologies for the delay in getting back to you here. Can you try to reinstall the Roon Remote app on your desktop to see if that helps? I’m also a bit confused here:
RoonServer is installed on a Dell XPS i7 system with 16GB of RAM
Yes XPS is my server. I run an Alienware desktop
That error is still happening if I try to open Roon Remote / Player on the XPS
RoonServer does not have a GUI, so if you are trying to make use of the Roon interface on the XPS you would need to install the All-in-one version of Roon.
looks like both are installed … I can find both roonserver.exe (running) and roon.exe which is what is causing the error. I’ll just leave it for now as I am listening everywhere I need for the moment.
Thanks for letting me know that @Jonathan_Greene! If you do want to re-visit this issue at a later date just let me know, but I would start with making a backup of your database and reinstalling the Roon Remote App on the XPS server.
@noris are you suggesting I am in danger here with both on the machine? I definitely don’t want to lose anything and rebuilding and losing play counts tags etc would suck …
@Jonathan_Greene - No danger with having both on the same machine.
All I said was if you are trying to reinstall the Roon Remote app on the XPS server I would suggest making a backup first as a safeguard.
Having backups of your Roon database is suggested practice regardless though if you make a lot of edits I would save backups to two local locations or one local and one online source.
Thanks. I’ve got backups going locally and to Dropbox.
Circling back on this for a moment … the error was somehow related to the driver for the AMD Radeon graphics card … when I went into device manager tonight and updated the driver, Roon is able to run.
Discovered this same error trying to get HQ Player going this evening and googled …
This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.