Cannot set up Roon on my PC

what your graphics hardware/card is… but if the 32bit Roon Client/remote works when you install it and connect to roon server (both on the same machine is no issue) then that would pretty much confirm it…Your hardware is barely min spec based on age Im guessing this likely the issue.

Did you get past the wifi hurdle yet or analysing settings? 40K tracks should have imported by now at least.

Oh yes, 2905 albums all imported within a couple of hours. Qobuz and Tidal also fully integrated. I will try the 32bit and let you know how it goes.
Thank you for your help.

1 Like

Hi @Jack_Clark,

I’m a bit late to the party but welcome to the forum and glad to hear you’ve been able to get RoonServer working with your iOS devices!

As @wizardofoz noted in his latest comment, I would try the 32-bit version of Roon on your PC. You can even have both RoonServer and the Roon app installed on the same PC, all you would need to do is point the Roon app to RoonServer install.

Do note however that RoonServer has no user interface and it lives in the system tray (so you’ll need to check there if you reboot the PC to make sure it’s running).

I would definitely suggest connecting over Ethernet if possible, this will help overall with system stability.

If the 32-bit version of Roon also exhibits this, can you click on the “setup audio devices later” button (or something similar to that)? Does that allow you to bypass this page? You can also set up the audio device after the Core is up-and-running in Roon Settings -> Audio, so it is not imperative that you set them up on this particular screen.

A Nuc or a Nucleus is definitely a good option for a dedicated Roon Server, but considering you have a fairly small library and are still on trial, let’s get your Windows Core working and then down the line you can decide weather to invest in a NUC/Nucleus or not. I assume you will still want to use this PC to control Roon so finding out why the current Roon app is having this issue will still be useful.

So, the continuing story…

A couple of nights ago it all crashed. I kept a cool head and went to bed. The next day I uninstalled both Roons and just reinstalled the 32bit. PC, iPhone and iPad are now all connected and running.

The only problem I have is, how do I add individual tracks to the current queue? No problems with whole albums but cannot figure out how to add just one track from an album.

Hi @Jack_Clark,

Glad to hear that the 32-bit version is working nicely on your end!

If you right-click on the track, there is a drop-down menu (next to the “Play Now” in the top of Roon) that has the option “Queue”.

If you are trying to add the track from an iOS device, you can also press-and-hold on the track and you should be presented with a similar menu.

Just out of bed, but not at all bleary eyed. No, nothing happens when I right click on a highlighted track…

Hang on, a drop down box at the top of the page. Got it. Same for the iOS.

Not what I would call intuitive, but after a few days it will be like a duck to water. Quack!

Thank you, Mr Noris.

Hi @Jack_Clark,

Glad to hear you located the button! Any further issues - just let us know and we can take a look, thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.