Cannot unhide some local albums (not duplicates)

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

iMac 27" 2015 Latest MacOS

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Connectbox Ziggo / ethernet

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Various

Description Of Issue

When in ‘Focus / Inspector / Hidden’ some local albums are visible. Some of them are duplicates which is normal in Roon. However some are no duplicates and it’s not possible to ‘unhide’ them in ‘edit’ section of these albums.
(In General Settings I have ‘Show hidden tracks and albums’ enabled.)

Any ideas what is wrong here?

Can you explain this phrase - there is no ‘Unhide Album’ button or it is there, but it does nothing or… ?

Also can you help me to understand what are you trying to achieve ?

FYI, if ‘Show hidden tracks and albums’ is enabled - Roon is already showing all ( both duplicate and hidden) in the albums browser.

An example of an hidden (non duplicate) album:

When selecting the three dots in Album Editor and pressing the ‘unhide’ button nothing happens…

I just want to unhide these albums because I don’t want them to be hidden.
And I don’t understand why they’re hidden…

Here’s the screen capture from Inspector (hidden enabled). The two Woodstock albums are no duplicates (the other two albums are duplicates). I never decided / pressed a button to hide them manually…

@vova Any clue?

I would bet its this:

Special Characters

Don’t use “special” characters in the names of files and folders. These will cause problems with the import process. Avoid using:

< (less than), > (greater than), : (colon - sometimes works, but best avoided), " (double quote), / (forward slash), \ (backslash), | (vertical bar or pipe), ? (question mark), * (asterisk), $ (dollar sign), ` (backtick), and ~ (tilde)

Those particular tracks have a boatload of special characters.

Maybe that’s the case but the other eight cd’s in this box set are OK and they have the same album title including special characters…

@vova @grossmsj I solved the problem by checking the metadata of these two cd’s. The artist name was filled in correctly but the album artist field was blank for some of the tracks. I set them to various artists and that did the job.

2 Likes

That’s very interesting. I’ll bet the heart of your finding will help a lot of other people that run across this general issue.
It also would be nice if Roon could become just a bit more robust in matching things up. When there is an exact metadata match, it’s no problem. When the data are way off, I can understand the mismatch. It’s that middle ground where things are close, but just a bit off that could use some sort of fuzzy logic to make it fit somehow.

1 Like

However @support isn’t interested in this issue anymore so it seems :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Under settings, there is an ability to show all hidden albums. Switch that on, find the album, select the album and unhide it. Then switch back to hide the other albums if so desired.

My issues was that ‘unhiding’ didn’t work…

Did you have multiple copies of the same album? For one album, I had to unhide all of the other copies and then select which one I wanted.

As I explained before:

I solved the problem by checking the metadata of these two cd’s. The artist name was filled in correctly but the album artist field was blank for some of the tracks. I set them to ‘various artists’ and that did the job.

This sounds more like a misidentification issue rather than hiding / not unhiding album issue, but let’s tag @support once more to comment.

No. These (different) two albums are part of a ten-cd collection with various artists with different tracks and different album title. The other eight were imported correctly…

Hi @Jan_Willem,

Would you mind sharing one of the albums that’s experiencing this behavior with us?

Ideally, you can zip up the entire folder and send me a private message containing a shared dropbox link. If you don’t have Dropbox or need another way to send the media, just let me know.

Hi @dylan
As explained above, I solved the problem by checking the metadata of these two cd’s. The artist name was filled in correctly but the album artist field was blank for some of the tracks. I set them to ‘various artists’ and that did the job.
Just sent you a Dropbox link…

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.