Cannot use DSP when playing MQA files to the PS Audio DirectStream JR or DirectStream Dac [Known Issue]

Hi @late_nighter23 ---- Thanks for the follow up and providing the requested feedback. Very appreciated!

While I do not have access to a DSJR at the moment I was able to run a quick test with a PS Audio PerfectWave using the following setup:

Core = NUC w/ROCK (v1.5)(B339)
Endpoint = MacBook Pro w/RoonBridge > USB > PerfectWave

I had no issues enabling the DSP engine and streaming MQA content to the endpoint as you can see below:

Being as I had no issues I would like to gather some more data from you based on your experience:

• Since noticing this behavior has the core machine and the DSJR both been rebooted?

• My assumption is “yes”, but please confirm that everything on the DSJR is up to date.

• Please describe how the DSJR is communicating with Roon. I want to have clear understanding of what the chain of communication looks like between your Roon core and then endpoint. Please be sure to provide detailed insight into all the devices involved.

• Just to be make sure I am understanding this observation correctly:

“…the music to stop playing until i turn off the EQ or MQA version.”

• You can play MQA content successfully but without the DSP engine enabled, correct? If this is indeed the case can you please post a screenshot of the signal path when you are playing MQA content the DSJR without the DSP engine enabled.

-Eric