Cannot view/add local devices. No output devices available

I cannot for the life of me seem to get roon working properly.
Recently I was having issues where certain icons were missing from roon and I could not get them fixed. But given as my pc was needing a fresh start anyway I backed everything up, and then did a fresh windows 10 install.

Now, as you can see in the video, I cannot for the life of me get roon to view or add local devices properly. It shows them for a second, but does not enable them. And then they disappear.
I can ONLY add and use network devices.

Please can someone help me fix this?
I have literally just done a fresh windows 10 install. Antivirus is disabled, firewall is disabled, its on an SSD, i’ve tried running core/remote separately, nothing seems to work and I don’t know what to do.
All windows updates are installed.

While you are waiting for a response from official support you can do the following:

Make sure you use the latest drivers from the hardware manufacturers (do not trust Windows Update here). GPU (HDMI) and soundcard (especially Realtek) drivers come to my mind. Also if there is the Nahimic software installed on your PC and is not essential for your intended use case – de-install it.

I’ve just uninstalled the “Asus sonic studio” software that was seemingly installed alongside my audio drivers from my motherboard (it came up when I googled Nahimic after your recommendation).

And so far it seems to have fixed it!
Thank you so much <3

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.