Can't Access iTunes on Separate iMac

Hi All… 1st Post and I’m a complete newbie so don’t laugh.

I’ve purchased a lifetime Roon membership which is amazing with Tidal. Unfortunately, I can’t seem to access my iTunes library (approx 45 GB of ALAC ripped CD’s and purchased iTunes) which resides on a separate iMac within a separate User folder.

Roon Core is running beautifully on a new 2017 iMac with the following configuration:
macOS Sierra v: 10.12.6
iMac (Retina 5k, 27-inch, 2017)
Processor: 4.2 GHz Intel Core i7
Memory: 32 GB 2400 MHz DDR4
Graphics: Radeon Pro 580 8192 MB

iTunes resides in a Music folder on a separate iMac with the following configuration:
macOS Yosemite v: 10.10.5
iMac (27-inch, late 2009)
Processor: 2.66 GHz Intel Core i5
Memory: 8 GB 1067 MHz DDR3
Graphics: ATI Radeon HD 4850 512 MB

The Music folder is located within a secondary User other than the main “Home” user. On this “iTunes Mac” I went to:
System Preferences --> Sharing --> File Sharing: On
Added (+) the Music folder to the Shared Folder with Read & Write access and enabled SMB sharing under Options

Both iMacs are connected via Ethernet to a Fios Quantum Gateway Model Fios-G1100 router.

I can connect the Roon Core iMac to the Music folder and using Get Info see the following:
Server: smb://Solange_iMac._smb._tcp.local/Music
Sharing & Permissions: "You have custom access"

When I try to “Add a Network Share” to it in Roon:
Settings --> Storage --> +Add Folder --> Add Storage Location: Browse --> +Add Network Share --> Network Share Location: smb://Solange_iMac._smb._tcp.local/Music
I get the following error message:
"Could not connect to share: Unauthorized"

My instinct tells me that the issue is with “You have custom access” but I don’t know how to resolve that.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

THANKS!!!

PS: Special prize to anyone who actually reads the longest post in history.

In the Info dialog, underneath where it says “You have custom access,” you should see a table with some user/group names and privileges. Is there a user that ends with “(Me)”? What’s it say under “Privilege” for that user? It should be “Read & Write.”

(If there’s no user that ends in “(Me),” then the user/group you used to log into the server when you mounted it is the one of interest.)

Illustrative screen shot…

Thanks, Dave. Appreciate the advice. Unfortunately, my “Get Info” window doesn’t include that table.

I’m pretty sure that I enabled Read & Write privileges for Everyone on the iMac where the Music folder resides.

Any thoughts?

Sorry, no ideas, and sorry I didn’t see this sooner.

Flagging @support.

No problem. David. Thanks again for the help.

Updated Mac OS to 10.13.1 and rebooted / relaunched Roon… Problem resolved

Hi,
I am having the same problem. After reading about your experience upgrading to the latest OS for Macs, I did the same but I’m still having the same problem. Core is running on a new MacBook Pro, the iTunes is on a 2011 iMac. I’ve only had Roon for about 10 days and having no luck connecting to my music library.
Any suggestions welcomed.
Thank you,
Steven