Can't access my music on my CocktailAudio in the Roon Storage set-up

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

iMac 2018 running on Catalia latest version

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Wifi Network (But I did try on Ethernet cable)

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

CocktailAudio X35

Description Of Issue

I recently installed Roon on my IMac and saw my X35 in the Roon Ready section. I can play music from my computer to my X35 but I’m unable to share the music on X35 with the Roon Core. I’ve tried different Network Share set-ups but none of them worked. Anyone can help me with that? I’m a newbie regarding all networking set-up. Thanks

Hello @Martin_Cloutier,

Are you running the latest firmware on the cocktailAudio device? Older firmwares are limited to SMB1 which macOS no longer supports. Newer firmwares implement SMB2.

-John

Hi John, I’m running the R1516 version which is the latest according to Novatron website.

Have you set up the x35 as a SAMBA server as in the manual?
This isn’t a very good use of the x35 as files will go x35>roon>x35. Better to attach some local storage to the Mac.

Hi! I did set up the Samba server. However neither Roon or my iMac can access the files.
I understand your point (x35-roon-x35) but since I had a lot of music in my x35, I was trying to access it from my computer instead of copying those files on a USB hard disk and plug it in in my computer. But I guess that it will be more easy to do than setting up the networking share!

If the Mac can’t see it natively then roon isn’t going to see it. I know nothing about Macs so can’t help. @john any ideas for seeing samba shares on a Mac?

Hi @Martin_Cloutier,

Are you unable to access the X35 using MacOS’s Connect to Server feature?

No. I tried different combination and no access possible. I see the X35 on my Finder (Mac display of the devices on the same network) but when I click on it, it tells me that the connection failed.

I realized that I can access to my X35 using my MacBook Pro running on High Sierra (it is too old to go on Catalina) so the problem is really my iMac but I have no clue why.
Anyway, thanks everyone who tried to help me with that matter.

Hello @Martin_Cloutier,

You could try the commands listed in this post on StackExchange to see if it lets you connect to the X35 SMB share:

Just be aware, we cannot take responsibility for any side effects that running these commands may have.

-John

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.