Cant add my Music DB Pool Folder Windows 10

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Windows 10pro 1903 / Intel I7 2600 / 16gB / Roon Version 1.7 stable

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

gBit Network / HP-Switch / no WLAN

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

First only uses a Denon Receiver AVR 3313

Description Of Issue

I use an Drivebender Pool mounted as D:\ on my Windows “Server”. After installing roon i can not add my Music Folder “d:\music”
When i click on “+Add Folder” i get a list of my Storage Drives.

1. [C:] SPCC Solid State Disk
  2. [D:] Storagepool StorLib Virtual Storage
  3. [E:] DB2 WDW…Harddrive

If i try to select [D:] Storagepool there is no Folder List. I only get the Message “Error loading Folder Unauthorized”
If i select Drive c: i get an Folder Listing. I think there is a Problem because drive D: is an Virtual Drive Pool, but … why?

I am sorry for my English … can better write German :wink:
Thank you…
Guido

Do you have a FolderWall setup?
(I don’t know what I’m talking about but thats the first thing Google told me to ask)

Hello, thank You for your answer. What is a Folder Wall? :thinking: Do you mean Firewall?
My today working workaround ist to add the Folder as an Network-Share like “\localhost\musik” without any other information like user Name or Password … and it works. I just hope, that all of the data isnt actually going over the network.
Thanks a lot.

I strongly suspect that it’s the Drive Bender software that is confusing Roon. It looks as though you’ve found a workaround, so well done.

I see that another Roon user has Drive Bender, and this thread also includes a link to a blog post of one of the Drive Bender developers. Might be worth giving it a read.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.