Can't add playlist to Roon

I am trying to create a playlist but not having much luck. I have read through the documentation and came down to this.

Here is storage setup:

My file is a txt file that I renamed .m3u. It has the following structure:
\NASPortal\Multimedia\Popular\Beatles\1\01 Beatles - Love Me Do.flac

Then I got to exporting the file info in Roon to see what it was like in the hopes I’d replicate it. Here’s what that’s like:
/roon/sys/storage/smbmounts/RoonStorage_2199d7cd14f7e94a7a13b91e5f8535a4883f9efd/Popular/Beatles/1/01 Beatles - Love Me Do.flac

I don’t know what to do with that kind of path. Can you comment?

Hi @rcaudio,

I’ve split your post into it’s own thread since the other one is a bit outdated. Can you let me know what your setup looks like?

• What OS is your Core running?
  • How is the NAS Stored?
  • What is the NAS model/manufacturer?

Hi @noris,

Well this is what I call OBE, overcome by events. I installed an SSD in my Nuc+ and moved my library to it. I used the view file info’ and ‘copy to clipboard’ to get a path that Roon is happy with. I’m a bit surprised it’s different than my network path but that’s ok. I copied it into a txt file, renamed it m3u, rescanned the library and presto, it appeared in the my playlist list. So I am good. cheers

Richard

1 Like

Hi @rcaudio,

Thanks for the update, happy to hear you were able to resolve the issue!

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.