Can't add Tidal albums to library since yesterday

I am having same problem. Seems to have started after last update. Need some help that works.

Roon Core Machine

Include your operating system and machine info (Model, CPU, RAM)

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Your network gear (model of routers/switches) and if on WiFi/Ethernet

Connected Audio Devices

Specify what devices you’re using and their connection types, like USB/HDMI/Chromecast, etc.)

Number of Tracks in Library

Tell us how large your music library is, eg. “30,000 tracks”

Description of Issue

Tell us about the problem you’re having in as much detail as possible. Screenshots are always appreciated!

Hi,

The Roon @support team prefer one topic per customer’s issue… so they are able to track it and focus on each individual problem. hence I split out your topic.

In order for Roon’s @support team to better assist you, please provide a brief description of your current setup and the nature of the issue using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so they have a clear understanding of how your devices are connected.

Hey @Larry_Pack,

Thanks for taking the time to write in! @Carl is steering you in the right direction by providing more information on your overall setup. I’ve copied and pasted the additional info to your original post if you could go back and fill it in, that would be immensely helpful!

Are you able to add the album directly from Tidal?

Have you already tried logging out and logging back into your account? Give that a try first and foremost. After that, I’d like to start troubleshooting by restarting your Roon Core and then checking to see if your recently added titles are in your library.

Please go to Settings>Services>Tidal>Edit>Logout
Restart your Core
Then repeat those steps and sign back into Tidal.

When in Settings, clicking the ‘Edit’ button for Tidal, are you able to share a screenshot of what the Tidal pop-up looks like?

I’ll monitor this thread for your reply, thanks Larry!

1 Like

I am a little apprehensive to logout tidal because it says that it will remove my account information. If I tap yes well it allow me to re-enter my password and sign back in to Tidal? It is indicating that I am already signed in

Only from Roon, it does not affect your account with Tidal.

Sometimes Roon get’s into a bad state, removing your Tidal account, rebooting and then adding them back in is a way to reset this.

1 Like

Thank you . I will try it out when I get home and at my gear. So I will just remove it. Then turn everything off. Then turn it all back on and go to settings again and enter my tidal password. Everything should be backup correct?

1 Like

Hey @Larry_Pack,

Before giving your system a reboot, I would first log out and re-login to your tidal account. If you’re still running into issues after this, then I would follow the steps above to give your system a reboot.

Thank you. I did the reboot twice and the icon still spins when I try to do a album search. Frustrating as I cannot get any new music

1 Like

Hey @Larry_Pack,

If possible, are you able to fill out the additional information needed on your original post?

Also, in regards to the issue you’re seeing with using the search function, we just released a new build (970) that addresses this specifically. Please update your account to the newest build and let me know if you’re still experiencing this issue :pray:

Would love to try this, but I do not know how to rebuild the Roons. Could I get some instruction on how to do this?

Go to settings: about and it should start to download the latest build.

I got it! Thank you for all the help! It is beyond appreciation.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.