Up until a month ago I had no problems anywhere using room.
Everything works seamlessly with my set up at home, but when I take the exact same equipment to my second location I cannot get any remote device to connect to the core.
Describe Your Setup
- what version of Roon you are running? - Just updated today
- What operating system you are running? OSX 10.13.6
- Basic information about the device you’re using - MacBook Pro early 2011 w 8gb of RAM
- Describe where your music is stored –External 2GB WD my passport hard drive
- Let us know your collection size 46,116 tracks
Remote devices include an ipad mini 4 and an iphone xs
Describe The Issue
Remote devices will not connect in second core location at the vacation cabin.
The same equipment functions perfectly at my main home
Describe Your Network
I have gone through all the steps mentioned in other articles to no avail. I have no firewalls enabled. I am on the same network, I have entered the IP address in the help screen, made sure remote connection in enabled, deleted the roon cache in the library, switched networks, rebooted everything, even tried connecting a airport express …
Router is Windstream T3200 with 2 networks. Windstream says they preform all firmware updates remotely.
I have the television and the Hue lights wired to the router, otherwise everything is wireless.