I’ve been using Roon for a long time. The core runs in a Win 10 PC that connects thru CAT 6 cable to the router (Linksys EA8500). The router connects to the modem (Arris Touchstone SBG6700AG) thru CAT 6.
I’ve used my Samsung S8 as remote and was working fine. But suddenly it’s not connecting to core. Attached a screen shot: sometimes it sees the PC but can’t connect. Same is happening with other phones (Moto G6, G6 plus).
Both core and phone are on the same network. Roon is set to accept connections from remotes. I type in the IP of the core and still nothing.
If I play music to endpoints from the core PC it works. But not very convenient, obviously.
What could be the issue?
I have a few suggestions:
- Is there any change if you reboot your Core + Networking gear?
- Have you updated the router firmware recently by any chance?
- Can you double check to make sure “Multicast Routing” is enabled in your router and that “Multicast Filtering” is disabled?
- Do you have both Roon.exe and RAATServer.exe added as exceptions to your Windows Firewall? You can use these instructions to check.
- I would also temporarily disable any antivirus applications just in case these are interfering with the connection to the Core and if they are then exceptions have to be added for Roon.
It was the Win 10 firewall exceptions for roon.exe and raatserver.exe. I have no idea why, as I never changed those settings and my phone worked before as remote, but oh well, the important thing is it now works.
This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.