Can't connect to Core after update

I upgraded to build 416 and alas, Roon can’t find my core anymore (which resides on a QNAP server and is an older version as far as I can tell) - the upgrade made Roon completely defunct for me :frowning:

Can I download the 401 build from somewhere, assuming that rolling back might fix the problem?

Karel

Hi @Karel_Zuiderveld,

So we can better assist you, please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so we can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

Since the update have you tried rebooting your Core machine?

Have you also updated your remote devices? Are all remotes unable to connect or just certain ones?

QNAP:

I’m usually listening to Roon on my Mac, I upgraded that to build 416.

My Mac is connected to the QNAP fileserver via Thunderbolt2->10G Ethernet. A “ping” suggests there are no problem with the connection.

I did not reboot the QNap as no new software was installed. As of now, I’m using the file server to do some computing, so a restart has to wait.

Karel

OK, got it to work. I had to:

1. reboot my Mac
  2. reboot my QNAP (ugh)
  3. reinstall roon core on the QNAP
  4. launch Roon

That was way too much stress over a minor update - lesson learned.

Thanks, Karel

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.