Can't connect to core that's located on my iMac [Resolved --- Authorized Core]

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
2017 IMac OS 10.12.6
remote: Ipad Pro 12.9" & Iphone SE IOS apps
Roon 1.7 (build 571)

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

over Asus router on wifi

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

over USB to Oppo 205 Dac

Description Of Issue

after rebooting computer (with no issues, and having shut down Roon prior to this) I can’t connect to my core. “Find my Roon core” spins with no result. The login or sign up/“Set up a Roon core” let’s me log in and shows the correct Imac as my core, but asks if I want to de-authorize that or buy a 2nd license, even thought this IS the setup core machine that’s telling me that. I’ve got my log files zipped and ready to send, should I do that? I did restart my modem/router. Only thing out of the ordinary lately is each time I restart Roon I have to click on on “connect to Qobuz” prompt…doesn’t seem to happen on its own. I don’t have the firewall turned on, and I tried the entering of my IP address in the help area.

I’m not sure how to tell how many tracks are in my library, but it’s a fairly large amount, the better part of a 4tb HD.

I’m curious if what would happen if I “deauthorize” this computer and then reauthorize the same machine…would I have to restore data? I’m not going to do that, but I’d love to hear something back about my problem…haven’t had use all day :frowning:

Would greatly appreciate some guidance on this problem. If needed, where do I send the link to my dropbox share of the log files?

Thanks!

Just looking for some guidance on this still… Should I uninstall the Roon app and reinstall? What are the consequences as far as my saved data if I do this? I do have a back up although it’s not from the last week or so. I’d just like a little guidance on how to do this with the least amount of headache.

Thanks!

Hello @Tatifan, you’re fine to deauthorize and reauthorize that core. Please let me know if you’re able to get back in after that. Thanks!

Yes, as soon as I “unauthorized” it, everything re-appeared as before! Thank you!

Tatifan

Hello @Tatifan, that’s awesome news! Please let us know if you have any further issues.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.