Can't connect to my Roon Nucleus to download Roon 1.8

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

ROON NUCLEUS

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

TEXT GOES HERE

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

TEXT GOES HERE

Description Of Issue

My Nucleus has worked fine until the introduction of Roon 1.8. Since then, the app icon changed from black to white. When I now click on the app, it reads “Choose your remote core”, when I try and connect to my Nucleus it reads “Software update needed. Roon is trying to connect, but it looks like one or more devises on your network need a software update” I have checked all of the devises on my network and none of them need a software update, except the Nucleus that I think needs it’s software updated from Roon 1.7 to Roon 1.8, but since I can’t connect to it, I can’t download the new Roon 1.8 software. So at this point my Roon Nucleus no longer works… Any help here would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Hey @Rob_White,

Thanks a whole lot for reaching out and sharing the issue you ran into. I am so sorry it took us this long to get back to you.

Since a lot may have happened in the meantime, could you please let us know where things stand now?

Thanks in advance :pray: