Can't Connect to Nucleus Core Today

Just tried to use my Roon server. I can connect to it via the IP address and see everything is green ‘OK’. I can reboot the core no problem. I cannot connect to it using any of my local devices in my house - ipad, iphone or laptop. The laptop is hardwired as well as the Core.
So when I click Connect, it asks for my Roon credentials. I type them in and the ‘Network Error. Please check your Internet connection’ occurs on all the devices.

Firmware 1.0 (build 227) stable Version 1.7 (build 610) stable

I’ll try a complete Internet router reboot and see what happens…

Did not work - still same issue

I even tried to reset the password and I get the same error.

Could be an issue with my actual Internet modem. Contacted their support last night and they are sending a tech out.

6 posts were split to a new topic: Can’t connect to Nucleus Core

Hi @Eldon_Doucet,

Are you able to connect to the Nucleus Web Administration Interface?

So it turns out it was my ISP provider’s modem that was on the fritz. Had a replacement installed today and happy to report Roon is back running.

Does this mean there HAS to an Internet connection for Roon to work? Why? If you are in a private network with everything talking to the Nucleus, what difference does having Internet working to playing your own music?

1 Like

You said that “when I click Connect, it asks for my Roon credentials”. That’s a sign that Roon needed to check your credentials in your account at Roon Labs, so internet access was needed at that point. Roon will do this every few weeks, to validate your account.

Roon also needs internet access to fetch metadata updates, and for functions such as Roon Radio, Search and Live Radio.

If there’s no internet access, then clearly Live Radio won’t work at all. Roon Radio and Search will only work for your local Library, and you won’t be able to play any content in your Library that is from Tidal and/or Qobuz - only local audio files can be played.

So without internet access, you won’t get the full Roon experience, but you will be able to play local Library content, at least until the next time that Roon needs to validate your account.

1 Like

Hi @Eldon_Doucet,

Glad to hear that you’ve been able to resolve this issue with the modem replacement!

@Geoff_Coupe is correct here, your Roon account will need to be periodically verified every few weeks and it sound like the previous modem was preventing this action from occurring.

In any case, it sounds like the Nucleus is now working as expected, but if you run into any other difficulties, please just let us know and we can take another look here, thanks!

Thanks Geoff. I understand all the features are not available when Internet is down. I think we could all live with that temporarily. I just wanted to play some local music from my library.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.