Can't connect to ROCK with wifi protection on

I tried to search the forum for similar discussion, but couldn’t find. If someone knows better and this has already been discussed, sorry for repeating…

As the WPA2 got breached some time ago, quite a few wifi-users are using additional software to keep their communication secure. There are many SW companies providing solutions for this; Norton, McAfee, F-Secure just to name few. I have both Norton & F-Secure on my separate devices.

Now, when I’m at home, not remotely, but within the very same wifi-net where my ROCK is, and I try to search for it, no success. I can see my NAS, my security cameras, my printer & scanner, other computers. But no ROCK. The very second I turn my defense down & switch off the protection, I see ROCK and everything is as it should. But why it has to be like this? What is limiting the ROCK to be view able with your wifi-protection on?

…continuing my own findings. If on W10 devices I first open Roon and only after this enable my protecting SW, Windows firewall asks for the Roon to be still allowed for communicating. All continues normally. Same does not apply for the Androids.

Have you opened ports in the firewalls for roon?

Yep - just did it. Started to realise, how new I am still to Roon… I got my apps now to work on both Androids & W10 to connect to Roon with on-line safety features on. Still can’t connect to Rock on my browser without the firewalls completely down, though. That’s a minor issue, but still.

Hello @Matti_Malkamaki,

Just to make sure I understand you here, the connection to your ROCK works fine now on Android and W10 but loading the ROCK WebUI is failing? If it is failing to load from both your Android and W10 devices I would check to make sure both Roon and RAATServer are listed in your router’s firewall exceptions. You may also want to check that the firewall you’re using doesn’t block multicast from properly passing through.

Thanks,
Noris

1 Like

Thanks!

I think I have now all working fine. It is a bit of learning curve, but if one just patiently goes through the instructions and seeks also information on the Forum, it appears to be a very solid system. At least now I feel like this… :wink: Need to work on the tag’s still. on my library, but that’s a separate issue.

1 Like

Hello @Matti_Malkamaki,

Glad to hear it all worked out :slight_smile: . If you have any other questions don’t hesitate to let us know!

Thanks,
Noris