Can't connect to Roon core on iMac

Roon Core Machine

iMac 2015 running Monterrey 12.0.1 with a 500GB SSD and 8GB memory.
Remotes: iPhone 12 or latest iPad Mini.

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Connected to the rounter with wifi and ethernet.

Connected Audio Devices

Allo digione signature streamer running Ropiee latest version.

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

I have now downloaded the latest version of Roon for iMac, but I can not seem to find any info on what ‘build it is’.

One day I couldn’t connect to Roon core on any of my remotes.

I have tried reinstaling Roon Server on my iMac, that doesn’t work. Also tried installing the Roon app that includes the local player and the core. Roon is on the iMac but can’t ‘find’ the core.

In the past, when I couldn’t connect to Roon core, I double clicked on Roon in the applications folder and that solved the problem, that no longer works at that time (a few days ago) I only had Roon server on my iMac and that worked fine.

Any suggestions?
Thanks.

PS please excuse or enlighten if this is in the wrong place or something, I have not had much luck navigating Roon support.

This is the third post you’ve created that’s related to this problem. Please only post once, and complete the support template as described in this post, and by another community member.

I thought that is what I just did.
What information is lacking?

Where do you find the ‘#support

this web site is like a complete mystery

sorry, I love roon when it works but when it doesn’t very difficult to get help

This thread is in the #support category. Posting multiple times will not get you support quickly, but completing the template, which is in your opening post, will make assistance from the community more likely.

Your post should include:

• Details on your Core machine (OS, Hardware specs, Roon build)
  • Details on your Remote(s) (OS, Hardware specs, Roon build)
  • Networking details (especially what hardware you’re using, how everything is connected, and anything notable about how it’s all configured)
  • Audio devices in use
  • Library details (where your music is stored, whether you’re using a streaming service, how many tracks are in your library)

Including these details in your first post helps resolve your issues faster.

Incidentally, Roon staff do not work over the weekend. Nonetheless, the first thing they will ask of you is to complete the template.

1 Like

Hey @Paul_Banks,

I wanted to follow up on this thread to see if you’re still running into issues with connecting to your core? After taking a look at your account, it does look like you’ve been able to connect recently.

Let me know :+1:

Benjamin,

It started working again all of a sudden. A mystery.

But thanks for responding.

Paul

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.