Can't copy music files from External SSD to internal SSD on NUC

I have an Intel i7 NUC with a 1tb internal SSD, and a 256GB M.2 SSD. I have another 1tb SSD as a external USB drive. I couldn’t copy my music files from the ext USB SSD to the NUC internal SSD ( the process would start and then give errors about not being able to read a file), so I reformatted the external ssd as EXFAT. Now ROCK picks up and reads the music files on the External SSD, but I can’t access the drive from my Mac over the network. I just see a folder with a no-entry sign (red circle with white band across)
What I am trying to do is copy my music files across to the NUC’s internal SSD.

I’m not sure why you can’t access the external USB drive over the network from you Mac. You should be able to; it sounds like a permissions issue. Not being a Mac user, I can’t advise you further.

The only way to get files onto the internal music drive on a ROCK or Nucleus system is to transfer files over the network from your Mac to the internal music storage drive. There is no function in ROCK to copy files from an external USB drive to the internal music storage drive (although it has been asked for as a Feature Request)

Using smb://ROCK/Data/Storage/InternalStorage as the Network address in Mac Finder should enable you to copy the files across.

Try putting the USB drive on the Mac, and then copy the files from there over the network to the ROCK’s internal drive.

“Try putting the USB drive on the Mac, and then copy the files from there over the network to the ROCK’s internal drive.“

I have done this and it appears to be working. It will take 6 hours to complete, but so far, so good.

Thanks.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.