Can't copy my library to new server

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Roon Optimisezed Core Kit

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Ethernet TP-Link

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Naim Unity Nova

Description Of Issue

Have just moved my core to new Roon optimized server. Works as before. But cannot find a way to import the library from my iMac (also on the Network). I go to Backups/Find Backups./Browse/Add Network Share. Whatever I enter into Network Share Location generates an error message. If I drag and drop the relevant folder it asks me if I want to copy these files to your Roon library. I click Yes, Copy. I get Import Error No import locations available Please add or enable one before importing. Clicking OK here takes me to totally blank screen titled Chose Music Storage Folder and back to browsing for a folder I can’t find or which doesn’t exist. I am regretting ever starting with Roon and thinking of quitting now while I am behind. Why does this have to be so complicated. To find my Quobuz library etc, all I need to do is log in to Quobuz. Any device. Anywhere. To work with Roon I need a degree in computer science! Someone please tell me there is any easy way to do this or I will cancel my subscription.

And did you follow the steps outlined here?

Yes. This got me as far as installing Roon on the new server. Getting nowhere trying to restore the library to the new server.

It also has mention of what you need to do to update your Storage settings. Did you follow those as well?

I have no stored music. Streaming only via Quobuz. It’s only the library database I am trying to connect to.

OK have resolved with the help of a friend who works in IT. The issue is enabling file sharing permissions and ensuring the right path to the drive is specified. It should be noted that the instructions to do both of these things are entirely missing from the guidance provided by Roon and linked above. I repeat that you should not need a background in computer science (or help from someone who does) to do this kind of thing. This is not good and needs to be made a LOT more user friendly.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.