Can't detect Roon OS device

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
Roon v1.7 build 511.

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
Running on home WiFi.

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
Simaudio Moon MiND2.

Description Of Issue
This has been working just fine for almost a year. The zone disappeared earlier this week for some reason and I can’t get it to reconnect or be detected.

Thanks for any help.

Same thing happened to me once. Make sure you can detect it with the mind app. If not, use the reset button on the rear and set up the wireless as if it was new.

Hi @Andrew_Baron,

Welcome to the forums. Can you please provide some more information regarding your Core and Network setup?

1. What is the Core model/manufacturer and what Operating System is it using?

2. What is the model/manufacturer of your networking gear?

3. Are both the Core and Moon on WiFi? Is there any change in behavior if they are plugged in via Ethernet as a test?

4. Do any audio devices show up under Roon Settings -> Audio? Can you share a screenshot of this tab?

Hi. Thanks for welcoming me. Here’s what I have to the best of my knowledge —

1. Apple MBP 2015 running Mojave 10.14.3
  2. Standard Verizon Fios gear.
  3. The moon is always ethernet connected, the core is on wifi. Same behavior when plugged in.
  4. Two things show up. a) System output b) built in audio output (core audio). I’ll see if I can get a screenshot up here.

Also important to note (maybe) that BT works fine. My core (MBP) recognizes the Moon.

Update. I did an unplug/replug, and updated to the latest update via the app and all is well in the world again. Working fine now. Thanks for the assistance everybody.

Andy

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.