Can't drag and drop image files for artist

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Intel NUC8i7BEH running ROCK with Roon Version 1.7 build 555

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

wired LAN from server to Netgear basic switch to SOtM sms-200ultra. Xfinity XB6 router

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Cayin I series DAC and AMP

Description Of Issue

A lot of artist in my library have no picture. When I go to upload my own image it says I can drag and drop the image, or browse my files. When I try to drag and drop, the “add image” window disappears like I added an image, but nothing gets uploaded. The only way to upload a picture is to choose “Browse for image” and then find it and select it. I use the Roon Remote from my iMAC OS X Catalina (current build). Is this issue specific to me, or is this an error in Roon? How do I fix this? Thanks!

Hello @AnimalOnDrums, thanks for the info! I attempted to drag and drop an image into the “Edit Album” section and was successful, as seen below.

The album I chose was unidentified and had no images previously. Can you tell me more about the circumstances of the album you attempted this on? Are you having this issues on other albums?

I’d recommend a reboot, verify you’re on the latest version of Roon, and try again to drag and drop an image. If that doesn’t work, please send me the image you’re using and I’ll see if there’s something going on with it on my side.

Hi @nuwriy,
Thanks for the response. I am running the latest software on my Mac and on my NUC running Roon Rock and I have restarted both numerous times recently since I shut everything off at night. This has been happening everyday for the past two weeks, yet today drag and drop worked. I don’t believe it. Its like when your car is doing something weird and it happens all the time, but a soon as your get to the mechanic the car is working perfectly. So, thanks for your help but it looks like everything is working fine.

haha that drive me crazy too! @AnimalOnDrums please let me know if the issue returns. Glad it’s working now, though!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.