Can't enable chromecast anymore [Roon Investigating]

Hello Hans,

I solved my problem.
I know: you have a mac and my problem was on a windows machine, but maybe it helps.
On first installation I did not accept the default settings regarding “public” network and changed it to “private”.
Now I switched to the default settings and luckily it helped.
If interested please check the link below:

Good afternoon Stefan,

I’m glad you could solve your problem.
Like you mentioned i’m working with a mac and not an windows machine and the roon core is installed on the mac itself.

But what i’m going todo is a wil instal a windows machine with Roon tot test if that’s working and see i’ve that helps me any further.
The Roon support seems to be disappeared from the face of the earth. :slight_smile:

Hans

Hello Hans!
I’m tired of the total ignoring of the issue with Chromecast by the technical support of the ROON
The end of my annual subscription is February of this year. There is no point in continuing it. I have a lot of Apple products, now I connected Master Dynamic to the first generation Airport Express router via the optical input (it costs mere pennies) - I stream music from Apple Music to the Airport Express router.
Pretty decent quality.

Hi yuri,

I can follow you completely, i myself have a livetime subscription so staying with Roon. For the moment i stream my music with bluetooth to the MA770. Of course i have a bit of loss with it and I realy hope that with the next Roon update the problem will me solved.

Bye

Hans

Hey @Hans_Claerhoudt and @Stefan_Henning, @Yuriy_Khrushch and @BRANDON_MORAN,

I wanted to thank you for keeping this thread active and, kindly ask for your help. Would you please share as comprehensive as possible a description of:

• your network setup
  • the issue you’re experiencing with Chromecast

This will be really helpful in taking this to the next step :pray:

Hi Beka,

Everything your asking for, for my site, is already in this treath? What else do you need?

Regards,

Hans

single LAN network using google nest mesh wifi.
Roon is running on win 10 I5 2.70 ghz 8gb RAM. ethernet connected to gigabit switch.
i have 2 mini, 1 hub max and 1 chromecast ultra all show up in roon test.
i have my two wifi points(built in chromecast) populated under other network devices.
i have 3 regular google nest hubs that dont populate at all. sometimes i can reboot them and they will show up in other network devices but will eventually disappear.

1 Like

I used to be able to send Roon audio to our little Lenovo (powered by Google) smart clock. I tried it again recently after moving the clock into another room and noticed it no longer shows up as an available endpoint in Roon Core.

Did support for Google devices as end points end with the last Roon update? All my devices are on the same network.

Thanks

I’ve got a Google Mini playing right now, a CCA playing in another room, and an Insignia “clock radio” in the bedroom. All Chromecast. All work with Roon’s latest release (884?). I’m running Core on a NAS (so, Linux) in a closet.

Hey all,

Thank you very much for all the information you’ve shared: it is what we needed for our investigation. The information is now with our QA team — I’ll follow up as soon as there is an update to share.

Please, stay tuned :pray:

Hi Beka,

Any update on this? I’m also running Roon on a Mac and cannot enable either of my chromecast devices (nvidia shield and CCA). They show up in settings, but nothing happens when I click enable.

I’m was faced with same situation. And in my case I found out what with my ISP i can’t connect to roonlabs.net with 503 error. I add this domain to VPN tounnel in my router, and after this, I was able to successfully enable my chromecast device.

Hi All,

Ben with the support team here! I know it’s been some time, but I wanted to check in on this thread to see if anyone was still having issues enabling their Chromecast devices?

I’ll be on standby for your reply! :+1: