Can't filter by date format (. - or / separators)

For the original poster. This sucks. But if you have any interest in retagging/renaming, I have had good luck with a tagger called Yate which can do a lot of very powerful tag renaming/retagging operations, in bulk, and automated once you figure it out.

Just thought I’d throw it out there if it helps.

Good luck.

I’m a little confused because a.) I have a massive library and had no issues with indexing and b.) this was working as of 2019 and 1.6. It worked from 2015/2016 when I joined until I filed the bug. It was a feature I was using daily to quickly find a show.

I have over 5,000 albums using the xxxx.xx.xx naming convention. Finding a specific month from my already tagged and bookmarked list of shows/albums is something I was using all the time to highlight a specific tour or group of shows. Changing the format (which saves space) to - would take me weeks at this point.

I don’t really understand the explanation here because your dates and versions don’t match my experience or the bug.

I wish you would have taken a look at the thread title and my examples too, because it’s not just periods. Dashes and slashes don’t work. It’s all of the operators. I’d appreciate you looking at this again.

This effects all date formats in album titles. I won’t be using a re-tagger as it doesn’t solve the issue in any format. Yate’s pretty good though! I’m currently using Meta on macOS.

Ugh. Yep Meta is good too. Good luck man whatever path you go. Ima Mac guy too :slight_smile:

You are correct, I did a quick test for dash and slash, and dash worked for me. Checking the index code now, it makes sense that it worked (so does period) because I tested it in isolation, but it won’t work as a word boundary.

My other suggestion stands: tags.

you can use tags… filtering tags works because there is no index because no one has tens of thousands of tags

All my stuff is tagged. You’re missing my point. I want to be able to type in a date that is in the album name to filter down the albums with that name. I do this FROM tagged bookmarked views.

This is a bug impacting ALL live albums with a date in it. The fact that this isn’t important to you, that this got moved to a feature request when it’s been a known bug (that doesn’t follow the timeline you offered)… utterly disappointing.

You guys have designations for live albums, you make it a noticeable part of the app, but then you can’t even filter by those album names. What if my entire library was live music? How would I filter any of it to make any useful tags?

I’m perplexed at this response. “Don’t use Roon to manage your live albums” isn’t a solution to a bug you introduced in 2019 for all live albums.

Here’s a screenshot of one view. How would you go about finding an album From Dec 73 from this list, @danny? How would tags help me here? What if I don’t know the exact date and want to look at all of them from that month?

The idea I’d create a tag for each month of each year of each band that has live shows in my library is borderline insulting, especially after dismissing me with a workaround that does nothing here. It doesn’t accomplish what the filtering feature is supposed to do, which is refine the list view to the album title entered for a view of all albums that have that criteria. Adding tags and bookmarks to look at segmented views doesn’t address the use case.

On top of that, this was working in 2019 despite your assertion that this began in 2015. It’s a bug, not a feature request.

1 Like

As a workaround try typing 2007 07 08 instead of 2007-07-08. Works for me.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.