Can't find audio devices

I just bought a new iMac (late 2015) and migrated all apps from my prior computer. I also upgraded to Sierra.

Upon opening Roon I get the error message no audio devices found. My Meridian Explorer is connected via USB and is chosen in Audio Preferences. I do not see the DAC or my Airport express, which had been working as an endpoint before the machines were moved
here is a screenshot of my audio setup page in Roon.

Look forward to hearing from you

Hi @katzmammal ------ Thank you for the report and my apologies for the troubles here. May I kindly ask you to please expand on your setup description as seen here.

Furthermore, can you please verify if you have any active firewalls on the newly purchased iMac.

• Eric

Hi Eric

Roon 1.2 build 165
OS 10.12.1
iMac 27" late 2015 with 8GB (soon to be 32)
use a NAS and a Drobo for my files
I have around 200k tracks, mainly FLAC and ALAC

I did determine that my firewall (McAfee) was on. I shut it off, closed and reopened Roon. Roon saw my DAC (meridian) when I first opened it, but now it doesn’t. Closed and reopened Roon again and this time it doesn’t show any audio devices.

I am connected to my Verizon Router via ethernet but i was also connecting to my AirPort Express as an end point to allow my to use Roon in another room.

This all worked fine on the old machine…

Thanks

Hi @katzmammal ----- Thank you for the follow up and the feedback! As well as sharing your observations with me. Your insight is appreciated. Can you please verify the following for me:

1. When you disengaged the McAfee software initially and were able to see your DAC, my assumption is that the setting held throughout your entire listening session. According your most recent report after Roon had been re-launched a second time your DAC was no longer being seen, can you confirm that the McAfee application was still disengaged upon re-opening the software again? In other words, did the settings hold? Was the iMac shut down at any point between these two listening sessions or did everything remain as is?

2. Can you verify how your DAC is communicating with your core machine?

3. Besides the McAfee software, can you confirm that no MAC OS firewalls are being used?

-Eric

Hi Eric–over the long weekend i upgraded my RAM to 32MB, did a clean install of OS X.12 and have been gradually reinstalling all my apps. I am happy to tell you that everything now seems to be working fine! There must have been some legacy crap in my back up that came over to my new iMac that was affecting Roon negatively. Fingers crossed, but everything seems great now.

thanks

1 Like

Hi @katzmammal — Thank you for the update, I am very glad to hear things have stabilized :clap: If anything else comes up, drop me a line and I will gladly lend a hand. Happy listening!

-Eric