Can't find Audio devies [Resolved - Reinstall and restore backup]

Hi

I have another error with roon
Trying not to be negative about this - but seriously thinking about it , I may revert to I tunes
I get random stops - music not playing

I had this error thins morning - and nothing would play , as I needed the music straight away - I had to go to iTunes

I was trying too add a track to a playlist and the music stopped - got the spinning beach ball !!

Screenshot 2021-07-24 at 11.38.57

I’ve moved your topic to the Support category of the forum, where it will be seen, and responded to, by a member of the Support team.

In order for Roon’s support team to better assist you, please provide a brief description of your current setup and the nature of the issue using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so they have a clear understanding of how your devices are connected.

I have re booted the Mac and Roon still can’t find any audio devices - so nothing will play
so am I looking at a re install ?

What do you see when looking at “Settings” “About” ?
Take a screenshot while there and show us…

Hi Marin
The screen shot is in my first message - in the settings, under audio - there are none listed so none can be selected

Ray

Click “About”, not “Audio”.

Edit my edit away again, but show us “About”…

So not much advice or guidance here , So as I can’t play any music , which i the point of Roon , I will uninstall and re install - What will I loose by a re instal ?

Any help would be appreciated

I absolutely understand your frustration, but it’s the weekend, so only fellow users trying to fill the gap for now…

Hoped to glean a little more information about your setup from seeing requested screenshot, but that didn’t reveal anything.

Could you possibly expand on all relevant devices involved in your system, such as starting from your modem all the way to the endpoints with the DACs, since @support will very likely want to know in order to help you, anyway.

Indeed.

@Ray_Thomas as requested earlier…

In order for Roon’s support team to better assist you, please provide a brief description of your current setup and the nature of the issue using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so they have a clear understanding of how your devices are connected.

OK I will do my best…
my system is this
Screenshot 2021-07-25 at 14.41.45
and I have these audio points
Screenshot 2021-07-25 at 14.42.32
none of these are listed in roon
they used to be up until yesterday - when roon crashed while creating a new playlist
no roon shows no audio outputs
I re booted my mac and Roon is still trying to load

but when it does load it shows this screen - advising me to select a sound output - but none are listed

sorry, but I don’t know what else to tell you

Roon is now refusing to load at all

I would really appreciate some help - even if its to delete and re install

I have included about screens earlier - as roon now will not load I can’t supply any more screen shots

This sounds serious to me

What is your network setup? Thanks

Hi Geoff

All the music in on a external HD ( which all the other programs / file managers and I tunes find

is that what you mean ?

ray

I’ll try to help you think about possibly relevant information to supply to the community:

What modem and/or router model numbers are you using?
Are you using DHCP, reserved or fixed network addresses?
Are any firewalls or such configured in said devices?
Are there switches between your network devices, and if so, details please?
Is the network address space the same for all Roon relevant devices?
How is your Mac connected to the network?
What is SonicStream, how and where is it connected?
What is Audioengine B1, how and where is it connected?

How do you expect everyone to know?

1 Like

I don’t expect everyone to know and apologies for implying that. I was having issues and reached out to the support group assuming it was product support rather than community and I really appreciate the help.
I will do my best to answer your questions:
My mac is connected to the network directly via Wifi to a Virgin SuperHub cable modem/router with out of the box configuration - i believe it does the DCHP stuff - and no additional switches, fixed network addresses etc and firewall on my mac. All devices are on the same network address space. SonicStream is a radio streaming software I use occasionally but not at the same time as Roon. AudioEngine B1 is the bluetooth receiver for my hifi.

I don’t think my problem, does not seem to be related to network configuration. Everything was fine until this morning, when I tried to create a new playlist. Then the mac started showing a speeding wheel and Roon was not responsive and I had to kill it and restart. Since then it cannot see any audio connections/devices, even though all other applications (such as iTunes, Tidal, and Finder) can see them.

Any suggestions/ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Ray

Your Roon library is corrupted. Do you have Backup?

hi xxx

Yes, Roon did one - is that what you mean ?

Ray

Hi xxx

But Roon won’t start - so I can’t actually do anything

Try these instructions:

What kind of system drive do you have in the Mac? HDD, Fusion drive, SSD? Getting a “spinning beach ball” is not a good sign.

Hi

I have not Idea what a RAATserver is - I 'm just a user who brought Roon to play music !
but I repeat - Roon won’t open so I can’t to anything with it
The mac has a fusion drive and all of the music is on a external HD

I’m of the opinion that I just have to bit the bullet and assume that roon has failed

all other programmes are working as expected ( no Beach ball errors )

Thanks
Screenshot 2021-07-26 at 07.56.44