Can't find Core after Build 334 update [Solved - Mac Firewall, Had to add Roon as Exception]

I think I’ve got the same problem, but the system update did not help. I have iOS version 1.500333 and Mac version 1.5 build 334. Neither my iPhone nor my iPad can find the Roon core. I’ve confirmed all my devices are on the same wireless network.

Hello @Jeffrey_Gayton,

Sorry to hear about your troubles connecting to the Core. Can you please confirm that you have rebooted your Core and all relevant Networking equipment and it still does not connect after doing so?

Furthermore, I have gone ahead and enabled diagnostics mode on your account and what this will do is next time your Core is active, a set of logs will automatically be generated and uploaded to our servers for analysis. I kindly ask you to reproduce the issue you are having and let me know the exact local time in your country that your are unable to connect to your core so that we can cross-reference to see if there are any errors being outputted. Please let me know when possible.

Thanks,
Noris

1 Like

Hi @Jeffrey_Gayton ---- Just wanted to touch base with you here to confirm that your Roon logs have arrived to our servers and are now with our techs for analysis. Once the tech team has updated your ticket we’ll be sure to share their thoughts/findings with you asap. Your patience during this process is greatly appreciated!

In the meantime, can you please confirm for me that there are no active firewalls or antivirus applications currently running on the device hosting your Roon core? If there are kindly please disable these features temporarily and verify what the experience is like with your Roon remotes.

-Eric

Hi. Sorry for the delayed reply. I’ve been out of town. I’m not running any antivirus, and am not running a firewall as far as I know – nothing beyond any default Mac settings, anyway. The problem started when, while running Roon on my iPad, there was a dialog box saying there was a software update and asking if I wanted to run it. I said yes, and since then, have not been able to connect to the core.

Hello @Jeffrey_Gayton,

No worries, we’re still here to help!

Can I please ask you to reboot your Core & all relevant networking gear including Router, Switches, Range Extenders, ect. in your setup? Also please let me know the model/manufacturer of all your network equipment used in this setup.

I would also confirm that you have Roon listed as a firewall exception on your Mac by using this link from Apple’s site to make sure the settings are correct after the update. Please let me know when possible.

Thanks,
Noris

Turns out it was the firewall. Not sure why a Roon software update would cause the firewall to start blocking Room. Thanks for your help.

@Jeffrey_Gayton,

Happy to help! Do let us know if there’s anything else, otherwise hope you have a great day!

Thanks,
Noris

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.