Can't find library or audio devices Roon Legacy 1.8

Actually, earlier today I had Roon Core 1.8 builds 1105 and 1126 (Legacy) installed concurrently, and 1105 (which was working fine this morning) had the same problem as 1126. Very strange. I sent both of them to trash and downloaded 1126 again, but the results were the same. Anyway, I’m going to sleep now, will continue tomorrow. Thanks !!

Here’s the upshot. Downgrading to Roon 1.8 Legacy on a synology breaks the Storage menu. I’m going to have to bite the bullet with Roon 2.0 and PRAY that Internet is stable. In parallel, I am exploring alternative media players as backup options. I have a Plex lifetime licence and use it for videos, so will use Plex to scan my music collection as well. Should be no issue on my beast of a NAS!

Hi Ben,
I did have a backup but got an error message when tryin to restore. Then I tried to start from zero and so I deleted all the Roon-related files I could identify on my computer, including the backups and files in the User directory.
As said, I would prefer to start from zero, I would have no problem to reorganize my music files but it’s not working.
I keep my FLAC music files in an external hard drive and they are ok, I have been listeing to them this last week using another player.
Thanks for your support, please let me know what else I can try.
Regards
Alfredo

Hi Ben, I just remembered something. When trying to install Roon 1.8 Legacy, I downloaded by mistake the Roon Server 1.8 package and supposedly executed it. I say “supposedly” because nothing visible happened, there was no response. I then realized it was the wrong package and subsequently downloaded Roon Core. Maybe by executing this package something got corrupted in my Mac ? I wouldn’t think so but I mention it just in case.

Just passing thru here.

Could it be that you have both Roon and Roon Server running on your Mac?

Well, I did execute the Roon Server package but nothing seemed to happen. I’m not sure if somehow the Roon Server is running - how can I check that? There isn’t anything obvious that tells me that it is running. What should I expect to see if it was running ? Also, I have shut down the Mac several times since this issue started.
Thanks !

Roon Server will set itself to come up at boot time. It’s been awhile since I used it, so I don’t remember if one has to specifically tell Server to do that or if it’s a given.

As to whether Server is currently running, I don’t speak macOS, but there must be a way to tell if an app is running.

I don’t know if that’s the problem, but if both Server and Roon are running, then that only confuses things.

1 Like

Ok I found out how to see what processes are running in the Mac. No RoonServer or RoonAppliance. So that doesn’t seem to be the problem…

Well, that was the only arrow in my quiver.

Let’s see what @benjamin thinks.

Hey @Alfredo_Freyre,

It looks like your core is not online, and so we’re not able to connect to it to enable diagnostics and pull Roon logs.

If possible, please use the directions found here and send over a set of logs to our File Uploader. That way we can take a closer look into what might be going on :+1:

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.