Cant fine Core anymore

I am running two windows 10 machines. Never had a problem till now. Only thing which has recently changed is installing Plex.

I use iphone 6splus to control. It can see the core, but cannot connect. What do I do to troubleshoot? Its disappointing there are no instructions to run through and instead I have to create this forum post?

EDIT - Turns out windows had randomly turned the firewall back on. Now its off again and working! However, is it possible to allow some kind of exception so I can stil have a firewall? Surely better to have a firewall than none at all

Thanks

Yes. The processes to allow are Roon and RAATServer.

Installing Roon (either full Roon or Roon Server) on Windows should automatically create a set of inbound rules for the Windows firewall. For whatever reason, it looks as though these don’t exist on your machine. Looking at my installation I see that Roon has created eight(!) inbound rules: four for the raatserver.exe application and four for the roon.exe application (if you’re running Roon Server, then these four rules would be for the roonserver.exe application).

These rules are in groups:

• allow all TCP ports to the application over the private profile
  • allow all TCP ports to the application over the public profile
  • allow all UDP ports to the application over the private profile
  • allow all UDP ports to the application over the public profile

You should be able to create a rule for the application that combines both the private and public profiles, so that you reduce the number of rules that you need to create from eight to four:

• allow all TCP ports to the raatserver application over the private and public profiles
  • allow all UDP ports to the raatserver application over the private and public profile
  • allow all TCP ports to the roon/roonserver application over the private and public profile
  • allow all UDP ports to the roon/roonserver application over the private and public profile

I think this should work, but it’s been a while since I had to do it, so I hope that someone such as @Eric will chime in if I’ve got it wrong…

1 Like

Hi Geoff (@Geoff_Coupe) — My apologies for the slow response. I had chance to meet with my developers yesterday to confirm my thoughts in regard to the information above.

The information you’ve provided is correct :sunglasses: :+1: Windows will perform as needed as long as you answer the initial questions properly.

-Eric