Can't get my NAS files to import into Roon

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Nucleus + version 2

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

hardwired cat6 ethernet with netgear nighthawk modem/router and netgear switch. All audio hardwired, wifi for remote control only

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

A bunch, but mainly a Cocktail Audio X45 streamer/DAC, ethernet ethernet connected

Description Of Issue

I’ve been having a weird gremlin for the past few weeks where Roon recognizes both of my NAS folders with music in them, but only imports about 20% of one of the folders. I’ve deleted and re-directed Roon to the appropriate folder, made sure I’m on the correct internet connection, NAS shows up in the iOS finder, music is in the folders, but when I scan, it scans about 11,000 files but only adds 1400 to the total number of tracks.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Bump. Any Roon support folks can help out with this?

Hello @Matthew_Partrick, our apologies for the delayed response here. Have you checked skipped files to see if anything shows up there? If you take some of the tracks failing to import and put them on a USB, do you have any issues importing them?

No prob, I’ve been super busy as well. I went and booted up Roon last night after signing out of Tidal and Qobuz so I could have a close idea of the number of hard copy albums I had in my NAS drive folders. When I did that the total number of NAS albums had gone up from 180-something back up to almost 1000, so I guess Roon just needed some time to recognize what was going on. It seems fine now. I don’t know, I did the force rescan and it saw all the albums, they just weren’t seen in full Roon. Oh well, it seems fine now, so I’m good to go for the moment. I’ll let you guys know if it gets Gremlin-ey again :). FWIW I’m super excited about 1.8!

Thanks,
Matthew

Hello @Matthew_Partrick, glad the gremlins are gone! Please let us know if you have any further issues, we’re happy to help!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.