I am not good wIth computers. I have been using Roon almost from the start, and was very happy with its ease of use. Now all of a sudden I can not play back in the usual way, directly from my Linux server core into BMC Dac-Pre via USB. The only options that appear are my netwerk coupled Apple TV or IPad. If I look up in the Roon Manual, the explained page is not the same as pops up in my current Roon version. Please help me, I am lost
Hi @Hans ----- Thank you for the PM and sorry to hear of the troubles here. My apologies for the slow response.
We typically try to handle any support related questions on the “support” thread of the community site so others have access to any information or advice being shared, should it prove to be useful to them as well. Would you mind if I made this a public topic and we can continue troubleshooting? Let me know.
In the meantime, to help aide in my evaluation of this behavior you are reporting may I very kindly ask you t please provide the following information:
I have no issue going “public” on the support thread. I am running Roon version 1.4 build 294 both on my linux based music server as well as on my Ipad, which I use a a control. I donot know which version of linux is installed. The server is sort of custom build by Majstro audio (previously called Streaming4home, in Holland). I feed the data via a Tellurium silver USB cable into my BMC Audio DAC-Pre. With the latest update of Roon the options appeared to play back from the server directly to the Ipad and to my Apple TV unit, both are part of my home network set-up. Until four days ago this whole set-up ran perfectly, but then my normal pathway from the server, via ALSA and USB into my DAC does not function AND DOES NOT SHOW ANY MORE AS A ZONE/PLAYBACK option any more. Playing back to my Ipad and my Apple TV does funtion, but are crazy options for high quality playback. I cannot find how to restore/add my original and preferred playback option. I have rebooted the server & DAC multiple times, eithout any change. The Roon manual seems out-of-date, since the pages that pop up in the current Roon version are totally different from the ones described in the manual. Please get me up and running again.
Hi @Hans ----- Thank you for touching base with me, very appreciated! A few things moving forward.
Were you ever able to perform the suggested troubleshooting exercises in my previous post? And if so, what observations were made? The goal of these exercises is to try and isolate where the issue is occurring, so have those data points would be very appreciated!
- Have you tested with another USB cable?
- If you have another computer acting as a Roon remote have you tried mounting the DAC to the unit to confirm that the application can see it without issue?
I have went ahead and enabled diagnostics on your account so we can try to understand why you are experiencing this issue with the mentioned DAC. The next time the application is launched on your core machine a diagnostics report containing a set of Roon logs will automatically be generated/uploaded to our servers. When the report comes in I will touch base so you know we have received it and then will be passing over to our tech team for review.
The instructions were very effective: it was the USB cable that did not connect properly. Initially I was very confused by the fact that my USB playback had completely dissapeared from the zones, whilst other options, that I really do not used are available in the latest Roon version. But as soon as the cable connection was restored, USB to DAC appeared again in the paybackoptions of Roon and everything functions pervect again. Thank for the support.