Can't get Roon control installed on Mac book pro

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
Core is a Music vault M7 server with Windows 10.

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Description Of Issue
I installed the most recent Roon and can run Roon on the core but when I download and run the dmg file for the controller on the Mac Book it just sits there with the half circle icon and does nothing.

You can’t run it from within the DMG, you need to copy the Roon app to your Applications folder.

If it still won’t start, try renaming the User > Library > Roon folder and relaunching.

yes I know I need to copy it to applications which I did and tried to run it there. There is no users>library>roon folder

Is there really no Roon folder, or is the Library folder hidden? You may need to press option and click GO (top bar), then scroll down to Library and click to open a new finder window of ~/Library

there is a roon folder, it has sub folders case, database, logs, settings and temp - is this what I rename?

cash not case

Just rename the folder something like Roon_old, and try to re-launch the app.

same result. it just sits there with that circle icon

Well, I tried, lol

@support

1 Like

so that’s it?

are you saying you have no more support to offer?

MJB is another customer who tried to help you.

that’s very nice of him but where is roon support?

You should be more specific. What mac os version are you running for instance? Also a little courtesy and respect go a long way. If you persist in being rude I would not expect to get any positive responses to your queries.

Hello @Bob_Mueller, and thanks for your report! I’d like to assist you in getting things running on your Mac. Could you please tell me more information about the Mac we’re working with? What model, what OS, etc.? Have you rebooted this device since attempting to install Roon remote?

xavier pito - I would be happy to be more specific but the complexity of computer environments today is such that no average consumer like me could begin to fully detail all the specifics - that is why direct communication is so valuable in resolving these issues - you can log on to my pc and figure out exactly what you need to know which i dont know or care about.

ps- i solved the problem by just trying things

What was the solution?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.