Can't get roon to connect

Eric I am still awaiting your reply to my suggestion of you or a knowledgeable person at roon, use a remote access computer to access my iMac and possibly resolve these issues resolve these issues. Please let me know if your support ten can do this from your end. I think it would be helpful

I meant support team. Sorry

Hi Warren,

Iā€™ve noticed that you keep clicking Reply to your own posts. By doing that, Eric is not being notified of your reply.

There are two options to get his or supportā€™s attention. First, click the Reply link on Ericā€™s post, or two, type @support in your message (That just notified support).

Hope that helps.

Cheers, Greg

Eric, again thank you for taking the time to address my issues.

The installation of the iPhone 6 and the Dell laptop as remote devices took place before I had started having these problems.

I can understand the your confusion regarding the recognition of the three endpoints by the core iMac computer as outlined in post three and six. at the time of post number three the core did not recognize the endpoints. But, after the installation of the ethernet cable as I described, post six was issued indicating that all three endpoints are recognized. That is the case today ā€¦I can play music from the core through the endpoints, but I cannot control the playback through the remote devices and I have no playlists. The playlists are extremely important since I spent countless hours putting them together by going through individual albums and picking out select tracks
I trust that this fully answers your questions
Warren

Sorry for the confusion and thanks again for all the help.

Eric, again thank you for taking the time to address my issues.

The installation of the iPhone 6 and the Dell laptop as remote devices took place before I had started having these problems.

I can understand the your confusion regarding the recognition of the three endpoints by the core iMac computer as outlined in post three and six. at the time of post number three the core did not recognize the endpoints. But, after the installation of the ethernet cable as I described, post six was issued indicating that all three endpoints are recognized. That is the case today ā€¦I can play music from the core through the endpoints, but I cannot control the playback through the remote devices and I have no playlists. The playlists are extremely important since I spent countless hours putting them together by going through individual albums and picking out select tracks
I trust that this fully answers your questions
Warren

Sorry for the confusion and thanks again for all the help.

Eric, I have a suggestion that may aid you in resolving the issues I have with Roon. There Are Remote computer access systems available whereby a person on a computer can access another computer from a remote location.
I would be glad to cooperate with you on this and perhaps you or someone very familiar with an iMac and roon could access my iMac and resolve the issue. Please let me know if youā€™re interested in doing this
An example of a remote computer access system is screenconnect.com
Warren

Eric, What will happen if I upgrade to Roon 1.3. Is there a chance that the problems I am having will be resolved?

Hi @warren_kice ----- Thank you for the feedback. Please do update to 1.3 and let me know how the system behaves afterwards. We can continue troubleshooting from there. Looking forward to your feedback.

Remember: When you want to flag myself down or a support team member you must use @Eric OR @support. Simply typing ā€œEricā€ or ā€œSupportā€ will not directly notify us, as Greg has mentioned above.

-Eric

Eric, where do I put the @Eric?

@eric,How do I update to 1.3?

@ eric
are there instructions somewhere (knowledge base, support etc) that can walk me through the update to 1.3 process.
What about the roon bridge? does it have to be updated?

@eric, where do I put the ā€œ@ericā€

@eric, I went to settings and and ā€œaboutā€ and it indicated that I have 1.3. It this accurate since I did nothing to initiate the update?

Hey @warren_kice

You only need to include the @ symbol before his name in your post. When you see Ericā€™s name highlighted in grey, youā€™ve successfully flagged him. Like this:

Iā€™m sure heā€™ll be following up with you shortly @warren_kice, thanks!

Hi @warren_kice ----- Apologies for the delay here. So based on your response it appears that you have already upgraded to 1.3, which is good. So as it stands we are still facing this issue with your remote devices not connecting to your core machine, correct?

Furthermore, I also notice that in post #25 you have confirmed that the installation of the remote app on both the iPhone 6 and Dell laptop took place BEFORE you started having these problems. May I very kindly ask you to please try re-installing the application on these devices again to see if there is a change in behavior.

Lastly, these symptoms you are reporting feel like networking related issues to me. Which means that remote support doesnā€™t really make sense ā€“ much as we want to resolve this for you, thereā€™s simply no way to diagnose a network remotely, because this kind of troubleshooting necessarily involves experimentation, temporarily configuring your network in various ways and seeing whether things improve.

I am confident can resolve this, and Iā€™m sure you can understand that weā€™re always happy to help troubleshoot networks, but as a software company itā€™s not something we can do remotely.

Looking forward to your feedback!

-Eric

@Eric, thank you for your message and I am happy to report that after reinstalling the roon app on my iPhone, it now connects to my core iMac, so I am back in business.
I will add that when I Uninstalled Roon Remote on my windows 10 laptop and tried to reinstall it, the laptop did not recognize roon remote. Any help in this respect would be appreciated
This leaves only one other major issue outstanding which is the absence of my playlists. I now have albums, artists, tracks, history etc but do not have the playlists
As I indicated earlier Iā€™ve spent hours and hours on these playlists and certainly would like to retrieve them. Please let me know if you have any suggestions

Hi @warren_kice ---- Thank you for the follow up, glad to hear we have the iPhone working again as a remote. 1 issue down, 2 to go :wink:

In regard to the Windowā€™s 10 laptop, can you provide a bit more insight into what you mean when you say, ā€œthe laptop did not recognize roon remote.ā€ Furthermore, can you walk me through what you did in terms of the reinstall process.

Moving forwardā€¦ to help me understand what could have happened to your playlists, I need to know the history of your DB and the storage location where your files are being accessed from. Has either your DB or your storage location changed at all since you noticed your playlists were gone? In other words, has anything been moved around?

-Eric

@Eric

Thanks for your message.
I was able to easily reinstall the iPhone as a remote device by simply uninstalling it from Roon and then going to the iPhone App Store and installing "room remote"as an app. However in connection with the windows 10 laptop, I went to the windows App Store and searched for ā€œRoonā€ and ā€œRoon Remoteā€ but it was not available. (I donā€™t remember how I installed it in the first place.)
I should add that enabling my windows 10 laptop as a remote device is not a top priority and pales in comparison to my need for getting the playlists back.

As far as I know my DB and or storage location has not changed since I noticed that the playlists were missing. I can send you a screenshot of my storage page in settings if that would help.

If you have any other questions please let me know
Warren

Hi @warren_kice ---- Thank you for the follow up. If you are wanting to reinstall on your Win10 laptop I would visit our website and grab a copy of Roon for that device and use it for remote control by selecting the desired core (iMac) upon launch (example of what you should see below).

Moving forward, can you verify for me where these playlists were created? Inside Roon or using another application like iTunes?

-Eric

@Eric
The playlists were created in roon. Thanks for the tip regarding the laptop as a remote. Iā€™m on it
Warren