Can't get Roon to start

Hi Larry,

I’m going to get @eric to come back and help you out.

One thing though, since you reinstalled Roon, are you able to now see Roon and RAATServer Folders in your Library Folder? I want to make sure the reinstall went properly.

Cheers, Greg

Greg,

Here is a shot of my Library…

Hi @LarryMagoo — Thank you for the continued feedback and giving the proposed troubleshooting exercise a show for me. Sorry to hear it did not yield a change in behavior here with the iMac. A few things moving forward…

Just to clarify, when you deleted the “Roon” and “RAATServer” folders as requested the “recycling bin” was emptied afterwards correct? And then you tried to reinstall once more, yes?

Furthermore, may I kindly ask you to perform the following:

• Try to launch the application and note the time of day when you receive the mentioned error message from the OSX.
  • After you have recored the time of day, please use the instructions found here to send us logs from the iMac acting as a Roon remote.

Be advised that the link I provided is going to reference your core machine. Please disregard this and use the same steps to send us logs from the iMac

Thanks!
-Eric

5:15 PM Monday

I don’t get this request at all??? What does this prove?

Hi Larry,

That’s not what @eric was asking for. He wants the logs from your Library > Roon > Logs Folder on that computer.

The instructions for zipping up the logs are right here.

You will need to upload them using Dropbox. If you don’t use Dropbox, let us know and he will help you upload them using another method.

Cheers, Greg

1 Like

Hi @LarryMagoo ---- Thank you for getting in touch with me.

I wanted to check in on the above and see if you have had chance to harvest the Roon logs from the iMac as requested in my previous post. To echo what @Greg has mentioned, if you don’t use dropbox please let me know and I will offer an alternative method.

Thanks!
-Eric

Larry, since you’re running the MacOS Mojave beta, you may want to look at this thread where others note that Roon crashes on startup (and how they work around it).

1 Like

Jayson,

Thanks for the help…That’s weird because I have never had a problem running the betas. I also use the beta on my MAC Mini where is runs RoonServer flawlessly controlled by my iPad…

I 'll get to those files for you guys later today…thanks, as always for the continued support!

Thanks you guys,
Larry

1 Like

Jayson,

You are Da Bomb Dude!!! That fixed my problem…it was already listed in the approved programs…so I did just what it says and hit the Minus Button and then re-added it with the Plus Button!!!

I am back to Happy Camper Status!!! Next year, upon renewal I will cough up for Lifetime membership!!!

Roon is freaking magic in how you select, modify for your Room characteristics, and of course listening!

Nothing compares with Roon…to say nothing of the wonderful support you get…not only from Roon Staff but also their many members!!!

Cheers!

Larry

Sweet, glad to have helped!

Wow…I got excited too fast…It will not let me play off my iMAC like it used to…I have the iMAC connected to speakers in my office but it will only let me access my main system…

What can I do to get the Office set up working again?

THanks,

Larry

Wow…I got excited too fast…It will not let me play off my iMAC like it used to…I have the iMAC connected to speakers in my office but it will only let me access my main system…

What can I do to get the Office set up working again?

THanks,

Larry

Hi Larry,

In this screenshot that you posted previously, it shows Roon in your Library Folder, however, there’s no RAATServer showing. Is it showing if you check now?

Do you have Firewall turned on in System Preferences > Security & Privacy? If so, it may have blocked RAATServer.

You may have to reinstall Roon on that computer to get RAATServer to be added.

Let us know what you see in your Library Folder and if you have a Firewall or Antivirus running.

Cheers, Greg

1 Like

Hi Larry,

If there’s no Firewall or Antivirus, then RAATServer should have been added when you run Roon on that computer.

So, have you gone into Roon Settings > Audio and re-Enabled your Mac computer zone again?

Cheers, Greg

1 Like

Hi @LarryMagoo ---- Thank you for the update and sorry to hear of the continued troubles.

To echo what @Greg has already asked. Have you been able to verify that there is a RAATServer folder present in the “library” directory along with the “Roon” folder? Additionally, can you please provide a screenshot of your “audio” tab as well?

Thanks!
-Eric

Eric,

Man I am totally lost now…the screen shot above shows both Roon and RAATserver…I am at a total loss at what to do to get things back to normal…:fearful:

Ok, that’s good.

We still need to see a screenshot of your Audio window in Roon.

In Roon, go to Settings > Audio and post what you see.

Here’s mine, as seen from my iPad.

Cheers, Greg

I have removed Roon and all it components from both Librarys…but trying to use the Security and Privacy settings, I CANNOT Remove Roon from the list…clicking on the - minus sign to remove it…when I do …nothing happens…I now cannot remove Roon from the Sec & Pri. settings even after multiple reboots…

Hi @LarryMagoo — Sincerest apologies for the delay on my end. Here is what I would like to do moving forward. Please provide the following:

1. In your most recent post you mentioned that all traces of Roon have been removed. I want to be clear that the Roon folder and RAATServer folder should only be present in the “user’s Library” as RBM pointed out above in “#2”:

“The user’s Library, which is found in the Users/Username folder – this is where Roon stores its files. It is hidden by default, but can be made visible following the steps outlined by Greg above.”

• This is where you deleted the folders from, correct?
  2. You also mention in your most recent post that you cannot remove Roon from the list in the “Security and Privacy” settings. Please do forgive any confusion on my part but why are you needing to make this adjustment? If the folders have been deleted then Roon should be completely wiped from the computer. Did you by chance launch Roon again AFTER you deleted the folders?

-Eric