Can't import iTunes XML

Hi @noris,

I have exported my music library in XML format and stored it in Music Folder. However, Roon is not able to find any music tracks.
Am I missing any configuration? Please help.
My Roon Core is running on Mac OS Catalina latest version.

Thanks in advance
Kishore

Hi @KISHORE_BURIDI,

I’ve split your post into it’s own thread so that I can better assist you here.

How is the XML configured? Are you using relative path or absolute path to the media files?

Have you made sure to enable Import iTunes Playlists for the storage location?

Thank you for the quick response @noris.

The XML is exported from Apple Music app and copied in Music Folder with name “iTunes Music Library.xml”

Yes, I have enable "Import iTunes Playlists for the storage location.

Hi @KISHORE_BURIDI,

Can you please upload the .XML to Dropbox / Google Drive / Send.firefox.com and send me a link?

Hi @noris,

Here you go - https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Epil_LEQncmwhh2KNPgaJRJHiv21ptri

BR
Kishore

Hi @KISHORE_BURIDI,

Thanks for sending that XML over. It appears that the path in the XML is listed as:
/Users/kishoreburidi/Music/iTunes/iTunes%20Media/

Can you confirm this is the current path to the media under your music folder?

Are the tracks/albums the playlist refers to visible inside Roon when you manually search for them?

Hi @noris,

Yes the path is correct.
Inside iTunes Media folder I have a sub-folder “Apple Music” and all my music is inside this sub folder.
I am unable to search manually from Roon as well.
Is this due to M4P filetype?

BR
Kishore

Hi @KISHORE_BURIDI,

Yes, this could very well be the cause. M4P files are not supported and need to be converted to be used with Roon.

A post was split to a new topic: Importing XML into Roon

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.