Can't install Roon bridge

Description Of Issue
I can’t install Roon bridge, it’s not finding the file copy in Ubuntu, can some one help me.
Thanks.

Roon Bridge armv8
curl -O http://download.roonlabs.com/builds/roonbridge-installer-linuxarmv8.sh $ chmod +x roonbridge-installer-linuxarmv8.sh $ sudo ./roonbridge-installer-linuxarmv8.sh

What type of machine are you trying to install on?

I’m install on Jetson Nano Ubuntu 18.04…

The only thing I can think of is that all the dependencies are there?

What does this mean? That the file can’t be downloaded? While your current location is unclear, judging by your name, it might be related to problems with the GFW and I’m sorry but can’t help with that.

1 Like

Thank BlackJack… I’m down file and unzip that but I’m not install its…
The machine can’t install file…can I install with armhf v7 but I’m not sure…

The package must match the architecture of your hardware of which you haven’t shared any details so far.

Don’t know how I could have missed that:

So ARMv8 seems to be the right thing. But as I’m not a ARM tinkerer, other users may have some ideas what might can go wrong.

BTW: Providing the exact commands and error messages might be of help too.

1 Like

Hi @Hai_Duong_Do, I’ve moved this post to its own thread. It makes things easier for the support people.

1 Like

Hello @Hai_Duong_Do,

Did you use the instructions from our Linux Install Documentation to install Roon Bridge?

What is the error output from trying to install it?

Are there any log files located in /var/roon/RoonBridge/Logs?

1 Like

Thanks noris…
I’m can’t copy var/roon/RoonBridge/Logs.
That’s a big problem with myself… /var can’t create file…
How to create file in system Ubuntu ?
I’m can run .RoonBridge in /Home

Hello @Hai_Duong_Do,

What errors are you seeing in terminal when you try to install Roon Bridge? I saw you posted the command in your first post, but it is not clear what error(s) you are getting.

1 Like
duongjetson@duongjetson:~$ cd RoonBridge
duongjetson@duongjetson:~/RoonBridge$ ls
Bridge  check.sh  RoonMono  start.sh  VERSION
duongjetson@duongjetson:~/RoonBridge$ ./start.sh
00:00:00.005 Warn:  get lock file path: /tmp/.rnbgem1000-
00:00:00.138 Trace: [childprocess] using unix child process
Initializing
00:00:00.251 Info:  Starting /home/duongjetson/RoonBridge/Bridge/RoonBridgeHelper
00:00:00.263 Info:  ConnectOrStartAndWaitForExit RAATServer, path: /home/duongjetson/RoonBridge/Bridge/RAATServer
Not Running (.o)
00:00:00.012 Warn:  get lock file path: /tmp/.rnbhgem1000-
Running
get_libusb_sym(libusb_init) => 0x7952f6dd6dd76e00
get_libusb_sym(libusb_get_device_list) => 0x7952f6dd6dd76e00
get_libusb_sym(libusb_get_device_descriptor) => 0x7952f6dd6dd76e00
get_libusb_sym(libusb_get_active_config_descriptor) => 0x7952f6dd6dd76e00
get_libusb_sym(libusb_free_config_descriptor) => 0x7952f6dd6dd76e00
get_libusb_sym(libusb_free_device_list) => 0x7952f6dd6dd76e00

Hello @Hai_Duong_Do,

If you navigate to the RoonBridge folder again and run ./check.sh, what is the output from that?

From the LinuxInstall documentation:

The check.sh script pokes around your system to try to confirm that all of the needed dependencies are met. It is meant to be run under the same user account that you intend to use when running the actual package. Missing dependencies can cause confusing failures later on, so confirm that check.sh succeeds before opening a support issue .

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.