Can't launch Roon on my MacMini

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

MacMini 2019 version, core i7 3.2G, with 32G memory, on MacOS Mojave 10.14.4.

I use the MacMini as core, same music file on NAS, and there are about 5000+ albums in the library.

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Negtear 8500

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Hydra Z USB interface, Aqua La Scala DAC.

Description Of Issue

the APP can not successfully launch on my MacMini. It will crash everytime.
I purchased permanent account on May 18, 2019. The first week on my MacMini is OK. Sporadically encounter crash issue, can not open it. But from last week, it became into a big problem. I can not launch the APP at all. It fails everytime.

Hope anyone can help. thanks!

Hi @xiaoyun_qiu,

Are you receiving any error messages when the application crashes?

If you follow the instructions found here is there any change?

After I click the APP icon, then crash and then a message says the computer encounters a problem and exit.

I have tried both way you suggested: 1. do copy paste on Terminal, and 2. activate Arial in Font Book. However, the problem still exists.

I have done uninstall and reinstall for many times. That does not work.

If you can provide further help, would be great appreciated!

tony

One more thing, the APP looks work well on my macbook. But I still want to use my Macmini as core.

thanks!

Hi @xiaoyun_qiu,

Do you have any antivirus or firewall software running on this Mac? If you disable them temporarily is there any change?

I have re-install the the Macmini OS, make it clean as brand new Macmini, and then install Roon. After a few times of normal running, it crushed again. And then can not open Roon anymore. Everytime crush.

Hi @xiaoyun_qiu,

I was hoping you could use the directions found here and send us over a set of logs using a shared Dropbox link.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.