Can't locate my NAIM NAC 172 XS as network player

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Lenovo Windows 10, Intel i5, 4GB RAM, 64 bit

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Virgin Media Hub 3, with core connected via WiFi

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

NAIM NAC 172 XS, connected via ethernet cable

**Description Of Issue

Just starting a trial to see what ROON is all about. Managed to link to my NAS (connected to Virgin HUB via ethernet cable). However my NAIM streamer doesn’t appear as a network device that I can select. My NAIM app picks it up fine and I can see it on the network device on the Lenovo, but not on ROON so can’t play to it.

Thanks for your help

The Naim 172 is not “roon ready” like the newer Naim streamers.

The easiest way to make a legacy Naim device roon capable is to utilise the Sonore upnp bridge.

.sjb

1 Like

Thanks John
Seems like a lot of faff and underpinning knowledge is required. Then there is the cost as I’d probably need to upgrade my NAS to a unit capable of running Core (laptop would only be a temporary solution) and then there is the cost of ROON too. I’d probably be better saving that money and putting it towards a ROON ready NAIM streamer. (And not being able to control volume would via ROON which appears to be the case, would also be a drawback.)
Cheers
Gavin

1 Like

Remember that you still need to run the Roon Core on something, as a (Naim) streamer is only an ‘Endpoint’.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.