Can't locate Roon Core

From the manual of the TP-Link router that you have:

6.2. DHCP Clients List

1.Visit http://tplinkwifi.net, and log in with the username and password you set for the router.

2.Go to DHCP > DHCP Clients List to view the information of the clients connected to the router.

•Client Name - The name of the DHCP client.

•MAC Address - The MAC address of the DHCP client.

•Assigned IP - The IP address that the outer has allocated to the DHCP client.

•Lease Time - The time of the DHCP client leased. After the dynamic IP address has expired, a new dynamic IP address will be automatically assigned to the user.

You cannot change any of the values on this page. To update this page and show the current attached devices, click Refresh.

1 Like

My roon stopped working AGAIN. It has worked fine for a couple months, but today it keeps “waiting for remote core.” I have changed nothing since yesterday, when it worked fine. I’m really getting sick of this happening, as I have no other way to play my digital files. Please help fix this permanently.

RR

Hi @Russell_Reising,

Has anything changed in your setup recently?

When you last resolved this behavior, what was the source of the issue? Did you reach out to Wyred4Sound last time this occurred?

Is the Wyred4Sound server powered on? Does it show up in the WebUI?

Hi,

Nothing has changed in setup. It simply stopped working.
Last time this happened Wyred4Sound found a problem at your end and told me they were contacting you about a flaw in your settings.
Of course server is powered on (I even unplugged it and tried the usual rebooting). How do I check the WebUI (I don’t know what that is.

Russ

Hi @Russell_Reising,

You have checked the WebUI before in this step:

I’m not aware of any communication regarding this issue between Wyred4Sound and us. Would it be possible for you to reach out to them and see if they can assist as they did last time?

If the Wyred4Sound support staff have any questions, they can feel free to reach out directly to me here on Community or via our partner channel.

My wyred4sound server page shows “No music servers found on your network” again. Last time, I think the problem was a roon update messing things up. I will contact them AGAIN and get back.

I just can’t figure out why it works one day and doesn’t work the next. What happens?

Russ

Hi @Russell_Reising,

That I am not sure of and I too would be interested to know. If you hear back from Wyred4Sound do let me know what they identify the issue as.

One more thing before I contact wyrd4sound. Has Roon had any updates in the last week or so?

Russ

Hi @Russell_Reising,

Yes, we had a release yesterday, you can read the release notes here:
https://community.roonlabs.com/t/roon-1-7-build-511-is-live/88600/3

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.