Can't login to TIDAL - Mac

same problem here (again…) I notice that roon core (mac) is trying to login and does not succeed. But at same time I receive a message in safari “roon + tidal You’ve successfully connected your TIDAL account.Return to Roon if your browser doesn’t automatically redirect you”.

Hi @wagner_scatolin,

Are you seeing any error messages in Roon? Can you confirm that you have the latest Roon build for your Core and any Roon Remotes in the Roon Settings -> About menu? Are you using build 528 on everything?

Hi Noris

No error messages. Login now is successful.

I just select an album or track press play, receive a message Playing n tracks, and nothing happens, no matter endpoint Samsung tablet 3, Morola z2 or marantz hd-dac1 via usb.

Core version 1.7 build 528

PS: i have discovered that restarting Roon Core works. But having to do it everytime I want to hear music is not what I was looking for.

Hi @wagner_scatolin,

Can you please try clearing your your TIDAL cache?

• Exit out of Roon
  • Find and open your Roon database
  • Navigate to Roon/Cache
  • Move the contents of the /Cache folder elsewhere, like your desktop
  • Try restarting Roon and verify if the issue still occurs

Hi Noris

It did not work… now I have the same Tidal login issue using Roon that I had before. Funny thing that I can login to Tidal using Tidal App or web page normally.

I will try to explain what is happening:

1. I lauch Roon and I receive "You are not currently signed to Tidal "

2. Enter in Tidal settings and click in login button which sends me to login web page.

3. Then I receive a Roon + Tidal screen and click on allow button and after that a message " you’ve successfully connected to Tidal account.

4. When I return to Roon I receive the same message described in step 1.

Update: I have a connection now, I can see all albuns and music does not play. Then I quit Roon and launch it again and I receive the same message mentioned on step 1 above.

Despite of successful login I cannot see Tidal content. In albums for example I receive “failed to load albums” message. If I access playlist I receive “this playlist is empty”.

All of this is happening after the last Roon update.

Hi @wagner_scatolin,

How is your network setup like? Can you let me know if your Core is connected via WiFi or Ethernet and the model/manufacturer of all your networking gear? Are you using custom DNS servers or the standard ISP-provided ones?

Mac mini > apple airport extreme via Ethernet cable > ISP via Ethernet.

No dns services. No special connections.

I think the problem is not about network connection… Everytime I shut down the core everything starts to work again…

Hi @wagner_scatolin,

When this issue occurs, does the TIDAL web player (listen.tidal.com) continue to work as expected?

Yes Tidal works

Hi @wagner_scatolin,

When this issue next occurs, can I please ask that you use these instructions to send me a copy of your Roon logs? The best way to get them over would be via a shared Dropbox / Google Drive link but if you don’t have either service just let me know and I can provide alternate upload instructions. Thanks!

Hi Noris

I have my Roon logs on google drive. How can I share with you?

Thanks

Ps: I dont know if it will help but I received an “error retrieving account information” in Roon Seetings when I try to get account information.

Another thing I dont know if it is related to: Roon is presenting Metadata Improver halted message asking a software update… but I have the latest version installed.

Hi @wagner_scatolin,

Can you please share the folder via link:
https://www.hampshire.edu/it/tips-on-sharing-files-and-folders-with-google-drive

You can drop it either on this thread or send the link to me as a private message (click my name -> message) on this forum.

It sounds like you might be getting a few networking issues, you may want to try changing your DNS serves on your router to Cloudflare DNS, Quad9 or Google DNS.

A post was split to a new topic: Roon can’t connect to TIDAL

Noris I sent you a lin and also changed my DNS to Google.

Hi @wagner_scatolin,

Thanks for sending those logs over, they confirmed my suspicions, that you were getting networking errors with regard to your DNS servers. Have you been able to login since switching the DNS to Google?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.