Can't open Roon on Mac after updating to Ventura 13.0.1

Roon Core Machine

MacOS Ventura 13.0.1 iMac 2017

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Connected Audio Devices

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

Can’t open Roon on Mac after updating to Ventura 13.0.1.

Downloaded Roon again and didn’t open either.

Welcome to the forum. I’m just another user like you. Roon support does not usually answer on weekends, so please be patient.

I am sure you will be asked to describe your setup and event. For example, when you clicked the Roon icon, what happened? Was Roon running before the Ventura upgrade?

FWIW, I have 13.0.1 too and Roon is running fine, so I’m sure there’s a solution for you. Hang in there.

many thanks John, Really appreciate it

Hi @Ariel_Vidan,

I’m sorry to hear that you’ve been experiencing this issue, and thank you for your patience so far.

First off, let’s try resetting the Roon database after a backup. Please take the following steps:

• Create a Backup of your current database
  • Exit out of Roon
  • Navigate to your Roon Database Location
  • Find the folder that says “Roon”
  • Rename the “Roon” folder to “Roon_old”
  • Reinstall the Roon App from our Downloads Page to generate a new Roon folder
  • Verify if the issue persists on a fresh database before restoring the backup

We’ll keep an eye out for your response if the issue persists after the reset.

A post was split to a new topic: Roon backup file question

The problem still persists. This happens when using the iPhone app too. HELP - Roon is currently unusable.

Hi @William_Allbrook,

Just to confirm, are you referring to the issue in this thread (Roon failing to open on Ventura) or your problem with backup locations in this thread: Roon backup file question - #3 by bearFNF

The moderators had split your post into a dedicated thread to provide more direct support. If your post intends to say that the marked solution linked above did not work, then we’d be happy to continue in that thread.

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.